Aval Varattiyathu Recipe with step by step pictures. This sweet poha recipe is made with Poha, fresh Coconut and Cashews.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This is a simple recipe, i have another version of this, where you keep stiring this for quite a long time till it turn caramalized and almost khoya like, we call it as aval varatunathu. This is a simple version and i love it to the core. So try this out and let me know how it turns out for you..
Ingredients for Sweet Poha Recipe (Aval Varattiyathu Recipe)
- Aval / Poha / Flattened Rice – 2 cups
- Jaggery / Sarkarai – 1 cup grated
- Fresh Coconut – ½ cup grated
- Water – 1 cup
- Dry Ginger Powder / Chukku Podi – 1 tsp
- Cardamom Powder / Yelakai Podi – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cashewnuts – 2 tbsp
- Raisans / Kishmish – 2 tbsp
How to make Sweet Poha Recipe (Aval Varattiyathu Recipe)
- Take poha in a bowl, add in 1 cup of water and mix it up. Leave it like this for 10 mins, so the poha will get soft.
- In a kadai, take jaggery and water. Heat it till jaggery is melted. Strain it and add it back to the kadai.
- Add in coconut and mix well. Bring it to boil and simmer it for 5 mins.
- Now add in soaked poha and mix well.
- Add in dry ginger powder and cardamom powder. Mix well. Keep mixing for 5 mins.
- Now heat ghee in a kadai, add in cashews and raisans and fry till golden.
- Pour this over poha and mix well.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Aval Varattiyathu Recipe | Sweet Poha Recipe | Sweet Aval Recipe
Sweet Poha Recipe with step by step picture. This is made with Poha, fresh Coconut and Cashews
Aval Varattiyathu Recipe step by step pictures
|Sprinkle water over poha and leave it for 10 mins|
Source: Yummy Tummy