Keerai Thandu Poriyal Recipe with step by step picture. This red keerai poriyal recipe is made with Red Keerai Thandu, coconut and spices.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This dish is one of the super healthy food. You all know how good spinach is to your body. I have quite a few spinach recipes in my blog. Check it all here. I try to include spinach in my families diet atleast twice or thrice a week. If i find it difficult to make it for lunch, i atleast make this soup. But most of the time i make this kadayal. Because people in this house loves that.
How beautiful this spinach looks right. We buy this keerai thandu quite often, a old lady bring spinach daily to our street..Sometimes she carries this spinach. I never miss to get that from her. I make this keerai thandu purikari often with it. But couple days back, i decided to make poriyal with it. I also made vallarai keerai thogayal to go with it.. It was one healthy lunch.
Ingredients for Keerai Thandu Poriyal Recipe (Red Keerai Recipe)
- Red Amaranth Leaves / Keerai Thandu – 4 cups chopped finely
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku – 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu – 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies – 2 cut into small pieces
- Onions – 1 medium size chopped finely
- Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves chopped finely
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coconut – ½ cup grated
What i love about the keerai is the bright red colour it has. So give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
How to make Keerai Thandu Poriyal
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard, urad dal and chillies. Saute for a min.
- Add in onions and garlic. Saute for a min.
- Add in salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Saute for 30 sec.
- Add in spinach leaves and toss well. they will wilt and shrink. Cook it for 8 to 10 mins.
- Stir inbetweeen.
- Now add in grated coconut and toss well for another 5 mins.
- Serve with rice.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Keerai Thandu Poriyal Recipe | Red Keerai Poriyal Recipe
Keerai Thandu Poriyal Recipe with step by step picture. This is made with Red Keerai Thandu ,Coconut and Onion
Keerai Thandu Poriyal Recipe step by step picture
|I used a small bunch of red amaranth leaves|
Source: Yummy Tummy