Strawberry Lassi recipe with step by step photos – a fruity berry twist to the regular lassi. Lassi is a popular drink during summers in North India. Excellent for beating the heat.
I have a few recipes for the upcoming Holi festival and this strawberry lassi is one of them. Actually I wanted to make a bhaang lassi or bhaang pakoras, but its not available where we live. I have also come to know that bhaang which is kind of an intoxicant is banned in many Indian states.
Lassi can be served even for brunches or for a filling breakfast. You can also prep ahead and make lassi to be served later after few hours.
While making strawberry lassi, remember to use fresh yogurt. The yogurt should not be sour. I have used here homemade curd (yogurt).
The method is easy and you can easily make this recipe in huge quantities or double and triple it. This is a creamy thick rose-scented strawberry lassi as I have added both cream and rose water. Skip the cream and rose water if you do not prefer them.
How make Strawberry Lassi
1. First rinse the strawberries a few times in water. Drain all the water and set the strawberries aside.
Remove the top green stems and then chop the strawberries if they are large-sized. It is better to use sweet tasting strawberries while making this strawberry drink.
Add them to a blender together with sugar or honey or your preferred sweetener. Blitz to make a smooth and fine puree of the strawberry and sugar or honey in the blender.
2. Then add chilled or cold curd (yogurt), low-fat cream or light cream and rose water. Make sure that the yogurt is fresh and has a sweet-sour taste. It should not be overly sour or tangy.
3. Blend till the yogurt is whipped well and evenly mixed with the strawberry puree. Don’t overdo. You can also pulse for some seconds instead of blending.
4. Pour in tall glasses and garnish with strawberry slices. Serve strawberry lassi immediately. You can also add some ice cubes while serving.
Few more Strawberry recipes to try:
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Strawberry lassi is a creamy, fruity, rose scented lassi made with yogurt, strawberries, cream and rose water.
Prep Time 15 mins
Total Time 15 mins
Rinse, hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
Blend the strawberries with sugar or honey to a smooth puree.
Add yogurt, cream, rose water and pulse at intervals till you get a smooth, creamy lassi.
Serve the strawberry lassi immediately garnished with sliced strawberries or mint leaves. You can also add some ice cubes while serving.
- Use fresh, ripe and sweet tasting strawberries.
- Depending on the sweetness of strawberries, you can add less or more sugar.
- Ensure that the curd or yogurt is not very sour or tangy.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g31%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 293IU6%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 100mg121%
Vitamin D 1µg7%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin K 4µg4%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 50µg13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This Strawberry Lassi post from the archives first published on May 2014 has been republished and updated on November 2022.Source: Dassana’s Veg Recipes