The Management Studies Committee, School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University), in collaboration with C-IESC, is launching its 1st National Legal Hackathon: Legal Start-up & Business Plan Competition 2022-23.
About School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University), Bengaluru
School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bengaluru, was founded and is administered by Carmelites of Mary Immaculate(CMI).
About the 1st National Legal Hackathon: Legal Start-up & Business Plan Competition 2022-23
Legal field has been facing various challenges for the last few decades especially in terms of pendency of cases and complex legal compliance. To address these situations, we need to come up with innovative mechanisms, initiatives in the said field.
Innovation and Startups in the legal field are the answer to this. We can witness many startups have come up in the legal field in the last few years especially by young minds. Ministries, Government Departments /bodies have initiated various innovative schemes for serving people at large.
The Management Studies Committee, School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University), in collaboration with C-IESC, is launching its 1st National Legal Hackathon: Legal Start-up & Business Plan Competition 2022-23, open to under-graduate, post-graduate students and research scholars who are presently
enrolled with any University and College across the country with the aim of stimulating the spirit of entrepreneurship among students.
The primary purpose of this competition is to provide an opportunity for budding entrepreneurs across the country to present their ideas and to create a platform for all legal start-ups to exhibit their ideas and work in a competitive ambience.
Automation and Empowering Justice
Guidelines for Competition
The competition is open to all undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. scholars. The competition will be conducted in three phases: the first phase will be a screening round. The second will be the preliminary round which will be held virtually on Webex. And the final round will be conducted offline at the School of law, Christ (Deemed to be University), Bengaluru.
- Submission of Applications (Screening Round): December 31, 2022
- Communication of Acceptance of Applications: January 3, 2023
- Preliminary Round 2nd Round (Virtual): January 13, 2023
- Final Round 3rd Round (Physical): February 27, 2023
- Participation is allowed only as a team and each team needs to have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 members.
- There is a basic registration fee of Rupees 350 (inclusive of GST) which needs to be paid by each member of a team who qualify to the preliminary round (Round 2).
- Link for submissions to the screening round (Round 1) is given at the end of this post.
- 1st place/Winners: Rs.12000 + Certificate of Merit + Momento
- 2nd place/Runners up: Rs. 9000 + Certificate of Merit + Momento
- E-Certificate of Participation to every team who qualifies to the preliminary rounds.
- Certificate of Merit to the top 5 teams who qualify to the final rounds.
Click here for the Brochure.