Government Law College, Mumbai is inviting submissions to the GLC Blog. Submission are accepted on rolling basis.
About the College
Government Law College (GLC), established in 1855, has the distinction of being the oldest Law College in Asia, and enjoys a pre-eminent reputation for excellence in the field of legal education.
GLC, which has a rich heritage and pedigree, is the repository of erudition in the legal firmament and has had the privilege of guidance and tutelage under eminent legal luminaries such as Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, Lokmanya Tilak, Justice M. C. Chagla, Sir Motilal Setalvad (first Attorney General of India), Sir Dinshaw Mulla, Justice Y. V. Chandrachud, Mr. Nani Palkhivala and several others who have adorned benches of the Supreme Court of India and the Bombay High Court.
About the Call for Blogs
The GLC Blog is our endeavor to encourage students to hone their literary skills. Created in 2015, the blog is an online forum for the publication of opinion pieces, scholarly articles, and poetry – a written word which allows us to express ourselves freely and without judgment.
Submissions to the GLC Blog are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year from members of the bar, legal professionals, law students, or others who are interested in publishing with us and wish to further legal discourse.
Members of the Bar, legal professionals, law students, and individuals interested in furthering legal discourse on subjects of their choice.
Authors need to adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- Articles should contain content that is both original and unpublished. Plagiarised content will not be accepted.
- Articles should be submitted in doc/docx format. The document submitted should be named in the format “author’s name_submission”.
- At the time of submission, authors are requested to provide up to 5 keywords well-suited to the content of their submission.
- We encourage the use of hyperlinks as opposed to footnotes. Authors are requested to add the hyperlink to the first verb of the sentence.
- However, if your article contains sources that cannot be linked, please use any uniform citation style for the footnotes.
- The word limit for articles is generally around 1500 words. Lengthier articles can be published in the form of a series with the permission of the editors.
- We will be chiefly evaluating articles on three criteria: How relevant the article is, the Content of the article, and the language of the article.
In case of authors not abiding by the guidelines, their submissions will be sent back to them with the notified changes required in the article.
- Main text formatting: Alignment shall be justified, Font style shall be Times New Roman, Font size shall be 12, Line spacing shall be maintained at 1, Paragraph spacing shall be maintained at 8, Paragraph indentation (1 tab).
- Footnote formatting: Font style shall be ‘Times New Roman’, Font size shall be 10, Line spacing shall be maintained at 1, All hyperlinks shall be black in colour and must not be underlined, Footnotes shall not be included in the final word count.
- Miscellaneous formatting: Uniform margins (top, right, bottom, left) shall be maintained at 2.54 cm, Headings shall be in Times New Roman, Heading levels must clearly be demarcated, Abstract shall be justified and in italics, For the table of contents, font style shall be Times New Roman, font size shall be 10, and line spacing shall be 1, Any table used in the manuscript must be numbered and precisely named.
- Formatting: Please use British English. To add emphasis, please italicize the text.
How to Submit?
Interested applicants can mail us their entries at: email@example.com with the subject line: “Submission for Mag Blog”.