CREL, DNLU Jabalpur is inviting submission for its Blog on “Wildlife Trade: A Massive Catastrophe” by November 30, 2022.
The Centre for Research in Environmental Law (CREL) under the Dharmashastra National Law University (DNLU), Jabalpur, is an endeavor of the University to respond to the need for legal scholarship in the areas of conservation of environment and forest, abatement of pollution, preserving biodiversity, maintaining ecological balance, improving environmental awareness and education, etc.
With this commitment, the Centre undertakes interdisciplinary study involving legal academia and the other stakeholders involved in the conservation of the environment and preservation of its wholesomeness.
About the Blog
The Centre for Research in Environmental Law strives to promote outstanding research in Environmental Law. In lieu of this CREL Blog provide an opportunity for all the legal and social science fraternity to share their experiences and opinion on the contemporary issues of Environmental concern.
We humans inhabit the earth, along with millions of other species. We have an economic system which helps in the survival of the human species, but at what cost? We end up treating the other species like slaves and we even kill them only for your economic benefits.
Indeed, it helps us but at the same time it is the worst thing possible for the Earth and the Environment at large. And when mother Earth loses, it is the loss of the whole humanity.
The theme “Wildlife Trade: A Massive Catastrophe” mainly focuses on the adversities that are being faced by the animals due to short term luxury of a person. We need to stop the killings and poaching of animals for the greater good.
Aim of the Blog
The theme aims to provide an opportunity for all the legal and social science fraternity to share their experiences and opinion on the Forest issues around the globe.
They encourage the Author(s) to not only restrict them to Indian concepts and go beyond the borders and bring forward new concepts and ideas to this discussion.
The expectation of this theme is to bring a better dialogue on the very relevant issue of green wipe-out.
About Call for Blogs
CREL invites Blogs, Short Articles, Long Articles and Essays from Students/ research scholars in any UG/PG/PhD Course, academicians associated with any educational institution (University/College), Professionals across various fields in India.
There are countless topics to explore for research in the presented theme, but keeping in mind the current subject-matters of discussion on the animal rights issue, we have divided our theme into the following sub-themes:
- Revisiting International Animal Protection Laws.
- Massive illegal poaching: A look into the life of Asian Tigers.
- Duty of Circuses in relation to Animal Protection.
- Legal status of wildlife trade: India and Overseas.
- Medical Research and Animal Testing.
- Leather for Life: Is it worth?
- Elephant Tusk Trade: Elegance at a Price.
- The file must be in .doc/.docx format.
- The file must be in .doc/.docx format.
- Each submission must have its own Title on the basis of sub-theme selected.
- The Author(s) may choose one or more sub-themes for his/her manuscript.
- The body of the submission must be in the format as specified: Font :Times New Roman, Size: 12, Line-Spacing: 1.5, Justified.
- The article should be an original work of the author, neither published nor under consideration for publication in any other journal or blog. The work must not be plagiarized. Any work plagiarized by more than 15% will be automatically rejected.
- Co-authorship (maximum 2 authors) is allowed.
- Word Limit: 1200-1500 words (excluding footnotes). Manuscripts above the prescribed word limit shall not be considered as a general rule, except under special circumstances subject to the sole discretion of the Editorial Team. In case author(s) want(s) to roll out a series of blogs, the decision on the word limit shall be taken by the editorial board accordingly.
- The last page of the submission must include the following information: A. Name of the Author(s); B. Name of the Institution.
- All footnotes must be in Times New Roman, font size 10, single-spacing and justified text.
How to Submit?
Interested candidates may make their submissions through the link provided towards the end of this post.
On successful publication of the manuscript, E-Certificate of Publication will be provided to the Author(s).
Valid submission in line with Submission Guidelines is mandatory to avoid rejection of manuscript.
Selected manuscripts, as recommended by the Editorial Team, shall be published on our website, as well as in their Newsletter ‘PARYARTH’ .
November 30, 2022
In case of any queries, please contact crel[at]mpdnlu.ac.in.