Submissions are invited by way of a Call for Chapters for an edited book on Social Transformation Law – Issues and Challenges.
About the Organiser
Desh Bhagat University school of Law, academics are about more than just coursework. They are about interdisciplinary intellectual dialogue, first-hand layering, clinical experiences and always a global approach to training the leaders of tomorrow.
The Faculty of Legal Studies works towards the advancement of institutional expertise in the area of legal research and education by augmenting academic and professional excellence, developing critical and relentless engagement with legal theory and practice, synergizing law, legal research, legal education and action to further the quest for justice.
Call for Chapters
An edited book under the title “Social Transformation Law: Current Issues & Challenges” is going to be published in the coming ,onth. The edited book aims to develop a thoughtful medium for inspiring and disseminating research papers, articles and case studies, etc. on the themes and other associated subject areas by the academicians, research scholars, and practitioners with substantial experience and expertise in their respective fields related to the elderly.
This edited volume is kept wide to provide a platform for a diversity of intellectual pursuit from all corners of the society for enrichment and enhancement of the group readers to understand the current issues and challenges regarding social transformation.
Upward science and technology and modernization are demanding new challenges before the individuals as well as society. Social change is not a new conception it is also continuing from generation to generation. Social transformation is a systematic change in society through the law. Social issues like poverty, unemployment, equal rights, reservation, and protection of weaker sections, etc. These challenges or issues are barriers growth of the country.
During Covid, we have realized public health, the right to health, and the system of health in India is very challenging. Therefore, need to be separate law regarding the Improvement of the Health system. Law and social transformation both are correlative things.
Who is it for? (eligibility)
Academicians, research scholars from various disciplines of Social Sciences and Humanities including Law, Medicine, Sociology, Social Work, Economics, Education, Geography, History, Human resources, Organization Behavior, Organizational Psychology, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Administration, and Corporate Governance, etc. are encouraged to send the manuscripts for the publication by May 15, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Law and Social Solidarity
- Law as an instrument of Social Transformation
- Law as the product of traditions and culture
- Social transformation & weaker sections
- Community Development and The Law
- Caste as a divisive factor: Law & Social Transformation
- Principles of Non-discrimination in Indian perspective
- Protective Discrimination: Scheduled Castes, Tribes, and Backward Classes.
- Reservation Regarding Statutory Commissions & Statutory provisions
- Crimes against women with reference Cyber Security Law
- Role of National Commission For Women
- Empowerment of women: Constitutional and other legal provisions.
- Child Labour & Child Sexual exploitation
- Concept of Adoption under Personal Law
- Children and education
- Modernization as a value: Constitutional perspectives reflected in the fundamental duties.
- Modernization of social institutions through law.
- Reform of family law
- Agrarian reform – Industrialisation of agriculture.
- Industrial reform & Environmental Protection.
- Plea bargaining: Importance and Implementation
- ADR System
- Prison reforms
- Democratic decentralization and local self-government
- Manuscripts: All manuscripts must be in letter quality (font size 12) in double space with margins of at least one inch on all sides.
- Cover page: Manuscripts of a paper should have a cover page providing the
- Titles of the Paper
- The name (s)
- Subject to be published under
- Keywords for the paper
- Titles of the Paper
- Abstract: Following the cover page, there should be an ‘abstract’ page, which should contain the title of paper, the subtitle “Abstract” and a summary of the paper in double space, not exceeding 150 words along with three to four keywords. The text of the paper should not start on this page but a fresh page.
- The References/ citation style in the Chapters and submitted for publication shall conform with the ILI Rules of footnoting available at www.ili.ac.in/cstyle.pdf.
- Figures & Tables: Each figure/table should be numbered, titled.
- Length of the paper: The total length of the paper should be 4000-6000 words (Includes abstract, table, chart, reference, etc).
Fee details (if any)
No Fee for submission of chapters
May 15, 2022
Faculty of Legal Studies
Desh Bhagat University, Mandi Gobindgarh, Punjab-147301
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.