JLU’s The Centre for Human Rights, Gender and Social Inclusion (CHRGS) is organizing an annual South Asia conference on March 8 & 9, 2022 titled ‘Pink Heroes Law Conference’ (PHLC).
About the Organizing Faculty
The Faculty of Law was established in the year 2014 as part of Jagran Lakecity University (JLU), Bhopal, a private university established under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956. JLU Bhopal is one of the fastest-growing and the most awarded universities of Central India having practice-based pedagogy at its core.
JLU Bhopal is the only participating university from Central India ERASMUS+ program under the Tuning India Project, funded by the European Commission, and is also currently the country chair for Association of Universities of Asia Pacific (AUAP).
About the PHLC
The Centre for Human Rights, Gender and Social Inclusion (CHRGS) of Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University Bhopal in collaboration with the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi is organizing an annual South Asia conference on March 8 & 9, 2022 titled ‘Pink Heroes Law Conference’ (PHLC).
This will be an annual conference. While the major stakeholders of the conference will be women, we are conscious of our social responsibility and warmly include the third gender as integral stakeholders in PHLC.
“Pink Heroes Law Conference (PHLC)”, will be conducted on March 8 & 9, 2022″ in an online mode. This International Conference is being organized by the Centre for Human Rights, Gender and Social Inclusion under Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University Bhopal, India in collaboration with the Indian Law Institute (ILI) Delhi, India on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
The conference is uniquely thought out to welcome research paper presentations only from the women and third gender law teachers, research scholars, lawyers and students. In the Inaugural Edition of PHLC, we aim to bring together young women and third gender law scholars under the age of 40 to showcase their legal research on distinct themes of the conference. This will be an annual South Asia Conference for women law scholars.
Themes of the Conference
- Role of Women in Law & Policy Making
- Contribution of Women in Legal Research & Development
- Women at Bar and Bench
- Contribution of Women as Social Entrepreneur
- Women in Legal Entrepreneurship: Breaking the Stereotype
- Women as Pillars of Law Enforcement (Police and related agencies)
- Women as Institution Builders (Legal Education)
Women and third gender law teachers, researchers, lawyers, and other women and third gender scholars in related disciplines of research and training, under 40 years of age.
- All submissions must be made in English language only.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two authors.
- Abstract: The author(s) must submit an abstract of minimum 500 words and maximum 1000 words (including footnotes in both cases) through google form link given at the end of this post on or before March 2, 2022 (Wednesday).
- Acceptance of abstract shall be communicated by March 5, 2022 (Saturday).
- The selected abstract will only be invited for presentation at PHLC.
- Submission: The manuscript should be original and unpublished work of the author(s) and any form of plagiarism is strictly prohibited. The author(s) has to give a declaration of the originality of the work.
- The UGC Anti-plagiarism guidelines shall be adhered.
University Grants Commission (Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Education Institutions) Regulations –2017.
Find the Self-Plagiarism Public Notice, here.
- Author(s) shall solely be responsible for the accuracy of statements, opinion and view presented in the manuscripts.
- Format: All submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12, justified and with 1.5 line spacing.
- File name of abstract submission shall adhere to the style ‘First name of author_PHLC’
- Footnotes Citation Method: ILI Citation Style (Access here.)
Electronic submissions must be made in MS Word Format (.doc)/(.docx) only. Submissions made in any other format shall not be considered.
Fee Details and Payment
- Indian: INR 750, through PayTM
- International: $20, through bank transfer
After acceptance of the Abstract candidate shall register by paying the application fee on or before March 7, 2022
Paytm Link and QR Code: https://m.paytm.me/jluphlc_nrsocial
- Bank Name: HDFC Bank Ltd.
- Branch Name: AURA MALL, BHOPAL, 462039, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA
- IFSC Code: HDFC0002486
- Account Number: 50100167887838
- Last date for submission of the Abstract is March 02, 2022
- Dates of the conference: March 8-9, 2022
E-Certificate shall be provided to all the registered presenters of the Conference.
Dr. Ipshita Bhattacharya: +91-9407548805
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.