AGISS Research Institute is organizing an International Seminar on Constitutional Law and Human Rights on December 11, 2022.
About AGISS Research Institute
AGISS Research Institute is an Independent, non-partisan, non-profit public policy organization.
About the Seminar
AGISS Research Institute is organizing a Conference on Constitutional Law & Human Rights. The Objective of this conference is to provide the legal fraternity and academia with a platform where they can present their research and update society with the new developments and reforms taking place in the field of Constitutional Law as well as Human Rights.
Constitutional Law & Human Rights
- Evolution of the Constitution in India since its framing
- Supremacy of the Constitution in the last 75 years
- Judicial trends in the evolution of Constitutional provisions and human rights
- Importance & Effects of Amendments
- Role and importance of Judicial Review
- Evolution & development of human rights: post and pre-independent era
- Right to Euthanasia as a Fundamental Right
- Effect of Article 19 and Article 21 in the Digital Era
- Evolution of Article 21 over the decades
- Constitution viz-a-viz Human Rights
- Protection of Women, Children and Gender Justice
- Issues relating to Migrants, refugees, displaced persons and differently-abled person
- Evolution and development of Article 370
- Federalism / Cooperative Federalism & Quasi Federalism
- Rule of Law and Administrative Discretion
- Rule of Law / Due process of Law / Procedure established by law
- Judicial Activism
- Lokpal & Lokayukta in respect to Constitutionalism
- United Nations and its role in the promotion & protection of Human Rights
- Universal Declaration of Human rights (UDHR)
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR)
- Fundamental Rights/ Bill of Rights / Human Rights
- Gender justice and Human Rights
- Human rights in the digital age
- Human Rights and the environment
- Human rights of the tribal and indigenous people
- UN Conventions to restrict terrorist activities and their efficacy
- Right of Abortion viz-a-viz Right to Life of Unborn
- Human rights of Prison inmates
- Rights of victims of War & rules/laws established for them
- The role of developed countries in the protection of Human Rights during the pandemic 2019
- Efficacy of International Law with respect to the Ukraine-Russia War
- And any other topics related to Constitutional law & Human Rights
- Kindly do not submit the same paper to any journals/ conferences/seminars etc.
- The submission must be an original work of the authors i.e. the paper shouldn’t be plagiarized and it should be free from grammatical, spelling, and other errors. It must not contain any defamatory words.
- The submissions should be unpublished.
- The author must include the declaration form stating that his work is original and hasn’t been published anywhere.
- Submission must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 500 words and author(s) affiliation. No paper will be accepted without an abstract.
- Co-authorship of 2 or more authors is allowed.
- Author’s info to be attached :
- Name of the Author(s)
- Name of the Institution/Organization
- Email id & Phone Number
- Submissions will be subjected to a plagiarism check during the initial scrutinization process.
- The submission should be made in .doc/.docx format only
- The word limit for abstracts should be between 250-500 words.
- All abstracts will be accepted subject to review & modification.
- Indian Law Institute (ILI) rule of footnoting and citation style should strictly be followed in the submissions, non-compliance to which will lead to it being summarily rejected.
- The word limit for research papers is 3000-6000 words (maximum, excluding footnotes).
- The body of the paper should be in Times New Roman, with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 with single-line spacing.
- Page borders should not be used.
- Note: You may present your ppt with the rough draft of your paper
- AGISS Research Institute shall select remarkable papers presented during the Conference, post the successful conclusion of the review process.
- Subsequently, the selected articles shall be published in a Book on Constitutional Law & Human Rights to be published by AGISS Research Institute through an International publisher or Indian Publisher with International repute.
- The rest of the articles shall be published in the articles section of the website of our Think Tank.
- Certainty of publication of all papers received either in a book or in the article section of Think Tank.
- Best Presentation Award: Rs. 2,000/- & Certificate of Appreciation
- Second Best Presentation Award: Rs. 1,000/- & Certificate of Appreciation
- Best presentation (Student) Award: Rs. 2,000/- & Certificate of Appreciation
- Second Best Presentation (Student) Award: Rs. 1,000/- & Certificate of Appreciation
- Certificate of Presentation to all who will present and Certificate of Participation to all who will attend it.
- Last date for Abstract Submission & Registration: 7 December 2022
- Final notification of selected abstracts: within 48 hrs of abstract submission
- Last date of Full paper submission: 31 January 2023
- Date of Conference: 11 December 2022
- For Paper presentation / Submission/ Registration fees for Students/ Researchers:
- Single Author: Rs. 1,000/-
- Co-Author (2 or more): Rs. 1,200/-
- Paper presentation / Submission / Registration fees for Professionals / Academicians:
- Single Author: Rs. 1,200/-
- Co-Authors (2 or more): Rs. 1,500/-
- Participation/ attending fees for Students/ professionals: Rs. 500/-
- Please note that in case the co-authorship is a combination of student and professional, then the registration fees to be paid will be the Co-authorship of professionals.
- Payment Details:
- A/C Holder: AGISS Research Institute; A/C No. Current A/C No. 326621010000045; Bank Name: Union Bank of India; Branch Name: Faridabad, Greenfield Branch; IFSC: UBIN0932663.
For More Information, Contact
In case of any queries, please contact through an email with the subject “Query for Conference on Constitutional Law” at judicialconference2021[at]gmail.com
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com