ILNU or the Institute of Law, Nirma University is organizing an International Conference on Energy Trilemma scheduled to be held on March 10 and 11, 2022.
About the University
Nirma University was established in 2003 as a statutory university under Gujarat State Act, and as an initiative of the Nirma Education & Research Foundation (NERF). The university has been recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act.
Nirma University has been accredited Grade “A” by NAAC in 2015. The university is a Commonwealth Universities Association member, and also of the Association of Indian Universities.
About the Institute
Institute of Law was set up under the aegis of Nirma University in the year 2007 with a vision to promote excellence in the field of legal education and to fulfill the ever-increasing demand for quality legal professionals for a growing legal world.
About the Centre for Energy Law, Policy and Strategy (CEPLS)
The Centre for Energy Law, Policy and Strategy (CELPS) seeks to provide a venue for scholars and practitioners to engage with energy-related law, policy, and strategies through conferences, workshops, lecture series, discussion forums; and its research papers and database.
It shall host symposia collaborating with eminent scholars and legal practitioners from the energy sector. The Centre envisions deliberations with leading practitioners and academicians on contemporary and recent issues of energy law, policy, and strategies.
The Centre aims at encouraging research and publications and focuses on providing a platform for student training and professional continuing education, which would constitute a significant contribution to their career development.
About the Conference
Energy sustainability is not just an opportunity to transform societies and grow economies, it is also a necessity – a prerequisite to meet growing energy demand in many parts of the world and to reduce the global carbon footprint.
In order to build a strong basis for prosperity and competitiveness, individual countries must balance the three core dimensions of what Oliver Wyman and the World Energy Council have defined as the energy trilemma: affordability and access, energy security, and environmental sustainability.
With this aim, the conference aims to promote and brainstorm ideas on how to maintain a balance between security, affordability, and sustainability in accessing and using energy in our daily lives. The discussions and brainstorming will be to identify the legal issues involved in dealing with energy trilemma, exploring legal solutions for the same, and chart out a roadmap of legal steps in resolving the energy trilemma through legal means which is a major task before the international community in general and the developing countries including India, in particular.
The Conference is planned to be a platform for the congregation of experts, managers, policymakers, academicians, students, and researchers to brainstorm and suggest ways to find viable and workable solutions for solving the vexing problems of security, affordability, and sustainability of generation and consumption of energy for the welfare of the mankind.
Objectives of the Conference
- To create awareness amongst students and academia regarding the problem of Energy Trilemma, its relevance and to initiate a dialogue amongst various stakeholders.
- To discuss the significance and legal issues concerning the World Energy Trilemma Index.
- To suggest policy measures to develop a legal framework on tackling Energy Trilemma.
Themes of the Conference
Energy Trilemma: Emerging Laws, Trending Solutions and Exploring the Way Forward
The possible sub-themes for the papers could be:
- Energy Security: Issues and Challenges
- Energy Sustainability: Issues and Challenges
- Energy Equity: Issues and Challenges
- India’s Energy Sector: Contemporary Challenges
- Any other sub-theme relevant to the main theme of the Conference
- The conference is open to undergraduate/postgraduate students, Ph.D. Scholars and Academicians/Professionals and to bring together policy-makers, managers, various other stakeholders and dedicated organizations in the relevant fields for a constructive dialogue on the various aspects of the theme.
- Participation shall be subject to COVID-19 protocols.
- Any interested person can also attend the Conference, without a paper presentation.
Call for Papers and Submission Guidelines
- Joint authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors need to register separately. At least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only. Submissions can be done by sending papers to: email@example.com or by filling the Google Form.
- A cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Professional Position/ Course/Year of Study (as applicable), Name of the Institution/College/University, Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number must be submitted with the paper as well.
- The full paper must not exceed a maximum of 5000 words (excluding footnotes/endnotes/annexure/reports etc.).
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0.
- One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation Style: Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- Full paper has to be submitted in soft copy in both PDF and MS Word.
- Maximum two (02) authors are permitted in one paper. However, both authors are required to pay the individual registration fee.
- All submitted papers will be compiled in the form of a Book with ISBN, you may send your ‘Abstract’ aligned to the Theme and Sub-Theme mentioned above and which must contain the following details:
- Title of the paper
- Sub-Theme (under which the paper is submitted)
- Name of the author/s
- Designation/ Profession
- Name of Institutional affiliation
- E-mail address
- Contact details
- The abstract should not exceed 500 words inclusive of the keywords.
Certificates and Awards
- E-certificates of participation will be provided to all the registered participants.
- E-certificates of presentation will be provided to all the paper presenters.
|Last Date of Abstract Submission||February 28, 2022|
|Announcement of Selection of Abstract||March 2, 2022|
|Last Date of Registration||March 5, 2022|
|Last date of Final Paper Submission||March 6, 2022|
|Dates of Conference||March 10-11, 2022|
- Dr. Jitendra Kumar, Professor, ILNU
- Mr. Gururaj Devarhubli, Assistant Professor, ILNU
- Ms. Manasvi Gupta: +91 96362 73756
- Ms. Megha Goud: +91 94295 16407
- Ms. Radhika Mundada: +91 94211 89471
- Ms. Vishwa Shah: +91 74051 50106
- Mr. Kanishk Pandey: +91 73308 43243
- Mr. Sayan Chakraborty: +91 95606 21845
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.