Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai (MNUM), West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS) and Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) will jointly host the International Symposium on Aviation Law and Practice on the 7th October 2023.
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai, established under the Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014 on 20th March 2014, is one of the premier National Law Universities in India. Since its inception, the University has made serious and sincere efforts to excel in the field of legal research and education.
NUJS offers to its students a tradition of outstanding education and research. As a leading national law university in the country, NUJS has programmes that allow students to tailor their academic experiences and courses with innovative subjects, inter-disciplinarity, hands-on teaching, research, internship opportunities.
GNLU is a national law university established by the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. It aims to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of law and legal processes to develop a sense of responsibility among students and scholars to serve society and contribute to social development.
About the Event
The Symposium provides a platform to bring together legal experts, aviation industry professionals, policymakers, regulators, academicians, and other stakeholders, to deliberate on the evolving landscape of aviation law. The date of the conference is 7th October 2023 (Saturday).
About the Call for Paper
Researchers, academics, and practitioners are invited to submit abstracts for paper presentations related to aviation law. Selected papers will be presented during dedicated sessions, providing an opportunity for contributors to share their insights and contribute to the symposium’s discussions.
There will be 5 (or, exceptionally, 6) papers per panel to give presenters and discussants adequate time for a fruitful engagement. There will be 4 panels in the symposium. The papers will be published in the upcoming issue of the Indian Review of Air and Space Law.
- Legal frameworks for ensuring aviation safety, managing security risks, and addressing liability in cases of accidents or incidents.
- Examination of aviation’s impact on the environment, including emissions regulations, carbon offset programs, and sustainable aviation fuels.
- Exploration of legal challenges and opportunities presented by technologies like unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), supersonic travel, and electric propulsion.
- Examination of passenger rights, aviation consumer protection, and the role of international organizations in safeguarding travellers.
- Review of key international agreements and organizations (ICAO, Chicago Convention) shaping aviation law and cooperation.
- Issues relating to Aircraft Certification, Safety Regulations, Aviation Insurance and Risk Management.
How to Submit?
Click on the link provided below to submit.
Click on the link provided below to register and pay.
- Fees for paper presentation: Rs. 1600/-
- Fees for Attendee: Rs. 800/-
- Abstract Submission: September 27, 2023
- Decision on Abstract: September 30, 2023
- Last date of Payment: September 30, 2023
- Date of Conference: October 7, 2023
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai.
In case of any query, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mr Prakrit Patro at +91 9997660011
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com