Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) is organizing its Model United Nations (CUSAT MUN ’22) in Cochin, to be held from March 25 to 27, 2022.
About the Organiser
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) was constituted to develop higher education, and research in applied science, technology, industry, humanities, and commerce, has consecutively been figured in the Times Higher Education World Ranking since 2017. CUSAT has also found its place in the QS World University Ranking and the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) of the Indian Government, reaccredited with NAAC ‘A Grade’.
About the MUN 2022
CUSAT has conducted two successful MUN conferences, CUSAT opens its arms to delegates across the nation to join for its 3rd edition.
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) in its 50th glorious year, presents the 3rd edition of the CUSAT Model United Nations ( CUSATMUN ), to be held on 25th – 27th of March 2022.
This event is organized by the Department of Youth Welfare of the Cochin University of Science and Technology.
The Inaugural Edition of the CUSAT Model United Nations was held on 8th-10th of February 2019 with 200+ participants from across the country, making it one of the largest institutional MUN conferences in Kerala.
This year we introduce a new committee; COP 27, that aims to combat the dangerous human interferences with the climate system. The new perspective and proactive approach to Climate Change is set to be a hot topic of debate and aims to endeavor future leaders to take action.
For more details regarding the Committees and their respective Agenda, please refer to the official Delegate Brochure given.
Committees for CUSAT MUN 2022
- UN General Assembly: Disarmament and International Security Council (UNGA DISEC)
- United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
- All India Political Parties Meet (AIPPM)
- Crisis Committee
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 27)
- International Press
All school students as well as those pursuing their Undergraduate, Post-graduate and those who have already completed their graduation are eligible to compete.
The MUN will take place at the Cochin University of Science and Technology ( CUSAT ) campus in Kochi
The registration link has been provided at the end of this post.
In case if anyone has any concerns or queries with regard to the registration process can reach out to the contacts mentioned below
Fee Details (if any)
- The delegate registration fee stands at Rs.1600/-
- The registration fee for school students stands at Rs. 1200/-
- The registration fees for In House delegates (Students of CUSAT) also stands at Rs.1200/-
- Those delegates who wish to avail accommodation will have to pay extra charges (the respective delegate would be reached out to as and when needed by the Hospitality team)
Prizes (if any)
The total prize pool is worth up to Rs.1,00,000/-
- Cash prizes will be awarded for the top delegates of each committee which shall include
- Best Delegate
- Best Reporter
- Best Photographer
- High Commendation
- Cash prizes will also be awarded for the other top delegates in each committee.
- Those topping each committee shall also be awarded certificates of merit.
- February 28, 2022: Deadline for Round 1 of Delegate Applications
- March 14, 2022: Deadline for Round 2 of Delegate Applications
- March 21, 2022: Deadline for Round 3 of Delegate Applications
- March 25-27, 2022: Dates of the Conference
- Aditya Udayakumar (USG – Delegate Affairs): +91 9633487882
- Mohammed Zaman (Under Secretary General): +91 8330040811
- Gouri N (Under Director General): +91 9446972955
- Vivek V Nair (USG Outreach): +91 7356551163
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.