The upcoming and the past few months become really important from the perspective of current affairs for CLAT & AILET. Whenever you read any, it is equally important that you read up on its static part as well.
Here’s a few important current affairs from the month of January, 2022, along with some interesting questions related to it.
- The world’s longest metro line:
- Shanghai (China).
- Two new metro lines were opened: Line 14 and Phase One of Line 18.
- Total length of Metro Line in Shanghai= 831 km.
- Shanghai= HQ of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- SCO includes 8 member countries: China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, India.
2. Sharad Mahotsav, 2021:
- Mount Abu, Rajasthan.
- Inaugurated by Rajasthan’s CM- Ashok Gehlot.
- Also unveiled Gandhi’s statue at Gandhi Vatika, Nakki Lake, Mount Abu.
3. Permanent Representative of India to the UN Conference of Disarmament, Geneva:
- Dr. Anupam Ray.
- He is currently serving as Joint Secretary in MEA’s Delhi headquarters.
- He will succeed Pankaj Sharma, who has been appointed as next ambassador to Mexico.
4. Sahitya Akademi Award, 2021:
- Announced in 20 languages.
- Yuva Puraskar and Bal Sahitya Puraskar were also announced.
- 20 people were awarded, across these 20 languages.
- English Language- Namita Gokhale- ‘Things to leave behind’.
- Sahitya Akademi Award- established in 1954.
- Highest Literary Award: Jnanpith Award.
5. Khelo India Youth Games, 2022-23:
- To be held in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- 5th Edition.
- Started in 2018, inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi.
- 2018 = Delhi.
- 2019 = Pune, Maharashtra.
- 2020 = Guwahati, Assam.
- 2021 = Panchkula, Haryana (Postponed).
- 2022 = Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Please read up more on these topics. Search for editorials on them, or magazine articles. Try to find more static GK for them. Always read current affairs in conjunction with the static part. Current Affairs can be a very scoring section. You just have to prepare smartly.
Hope you enjoyed reading through this article. Stay tuned for the next part!
All the best!