Applications are invited for Legal and Compliance internships at the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation.
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is an independent philanthropic organization, with offices in Addis Ababa, Beijing, London, Nairobi, and New Delhi.
CIFF works with a wide range of partners seeking to transform and empower the lives of children in developing countries, with the ultimate goal of solving seemingly intractable challenges to ensure all children have the chance to survive and thrive.
About the Opportunity
The main purpose of the role is to provide high-quality administrative, due diligence, and research support to the Legal team, which enables the efficient and effective delivery of its philanthropic programs.
The internship has been designed to provide an opportunity for candidates to gain in-house experience in the not-for-profit sector and is for a duration of 6 months
The role has been designed to be dynamic and encourage learning and it provides the candidate an opportunity to enhance their CV and gain experience which they can draw upon throughout their future legal career.
Mode of Internship
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Assisting with contract drafting and negotiations with CIFF’s grantee organizations in children’s development and climate change as well as related activities (monitoring and evaluation contracts, consultants).
- Preparing confidentiality agreements, amendment agreements, consultancy agreements, and other ancillary documents in the context of grants and other services.
- Assisting with due diligence on CIFF’s proposed grantees.
- Assisting in the management process of proposed grants and other projects (e.g. pipeline reviews).
- Managing signing of documents and liaising with the project managers where necessary to finalize agreements.
- Carrying out legal research on a variety of matters relating to program issues, legal and regulatory issues (including FCRA), program governance issues, conflicts of interest, commercial contracts, and consultancy contracts.
- Providing input to improve legal processes (e.g. contract management process).
- A qualification in Indian law.
- Strong research skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong drafting skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office.
- The following are desirable:
- Some previous experience in drafting basic contracts.
- Experience of working with an NGO or not-for-profit organization.
- A demonstrable interest in improving children’s lives and climate change.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual leave – 25 days per annum (prorated)
- Training allowance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
June 9, 2023