Tata Communications is seeking to hire an experienced legal professional for the job role of Analyst-Legal Operations, for its office in Pune.
About Tata Communications
Tata Communications Limited is an Indian telecommunications company previously known as Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited. It was previously under the ownership of the Department of Telecommunications, under the Ministry of Communications of the Government of India. It was sold by the Government of India to the Tata Group.
About the Job Opportunity
Tata Communications is seeking to hire for the job role of Analyst-Legal Operations, for its office in Pune.
About the Job Family
This group of positions is responsible for the delivery and administration of legal services to ensure the issues of risk and governance within the business are aligned to corporate goals.
- Assess and manage legal risks faced by various TCL entities, including legal risk assessment for new product launches, extending operations in new geographies, cross-border telecom deals etc.
- Provide legal assistance to Board of TCL and TCIPL for information requests.
- Provide advice and legal expertise to BUs for resolution of disputes around litigations and arbitrations, police cases, statutory filings, licensing requirements, audit findings, business investment roadblocks, land disputes, accounting and taxation, etc.
- Supervise outside counsel in processing all court proceedings (including arbitrations, mediations and tribunals) around the world.
- File new patent applications as appropriate and manage existing patent portfolio. Oversee all trademark activity.
- Support Tata Sons’ trademark applications and trademark litigations.
- Conduct legal research and analysis on selected topics, prepares memoranda, position papers upon request.
- Resolve complex and general commercial transactions. Act as main liaison point for banking and financing transactions.
- Monitor filing and closure of claim settlements. Prepare quarterly litigation report for presentation to Board.
- Draft contracts and negotiate.
- Build and supervise a “legal help desk” of experienced attorneys to handle global transactions of day-to-day commercial matters relating to the sale of voice, data and mobility services as well as procurement matters.
The function ensures adherence to regulatory requirements by constant updation of internal systems in line with evolving regulatory requirements.
- Work efficiently and productively with broad instruction to provide commercial transaction support to business teams; maintain database.
- Assist more senior litigation counsel in document production and filing requirements.
- Work with outside counsel on court proceedings, provides data and conducts legal research.
- Assist with the drafting and formatting of commercial agreements and/or legal documents.
- Seek the appropriate level of guidance and advice to ensure delivery of quality outcomes.
- Operational role which is responsible for delivering results that have direct impact on the achievement of results within Legal, Litigation and Compliance sub-functions.
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to identify problems and provide inputs to improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques drawing from personal experiences and feedback.
- Education: A J.D., LLB, LLM (or a foreign equivalent)
- Experience: 2-3 years of post-qualification experience gained in private practice and/or in-house
Click here for the official JD.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.