NLSIU Bangalore is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor (Law and Social Science) by December 21, 2022.
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) was established in 1987 and is a premier institution for legal excellence in India.
About the Opportunity
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor (Law and Social Science).
No. of Vacancies
- Assistant Professor (Law) – 14
- Assistant Professor (Social Sciences) – 2
- All major Law subjects including Contracts, Property, Criminal Law, Torts, Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Company Law, Labour Law, Public International Law, Human Rights, Family Law, Jurisprudence, Civil Procedure, Environmental Law, Taxation Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Conflict of Laws, Financial Sector Regulation, International Trade Law, Professional Ethics.
- Social Science
- Sociology, Economics, History, Political Science
As per VII CPC
Permanent basis till the age of superannuation i.e. 65 years, subject to confirmation after the satisfactory completion of two years’ probation.
- A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade on a point scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and master’s level for the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Differently-abled categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to teaching positions.
- A relaxation of 5%, may be provided, to the PhD Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% marks or an equivalent grade on a point scale prescribed by these regulations and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET subject to the following exemptions: (i) PhD Degree holders may be exempted. Provided, candidates who have registered for the PhD programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
- a) The PhD degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- b) The PhD thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- c) An open PhD viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her PhD work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in
- conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
- Candidates who completed Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/ SLET/ SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC [OR]
- The PhD degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among the top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must submit the form available at the link towards the end of this post to apply for this job post.
December 21, 2022; 5 PM
In case of any queries, please contact Ms Savithri, 080-23160537/23010000, recruitment[at]nls.ac.in