Mastercard, an American MNC in financial services, is looking to hire a legal professional for the job role of Associate Specialist-Legal Services for its office in Pune.
Mastercard Incorporated is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the Mastercard International Global Headquarters in Purchase, New York, United States. The Global Operations Headquarters is located in O’Fallon, Missouri, United States, a municipality of St. Charles County, Missouri.
About the Opportunity
Associate Specialist, Legal Services – Privacy and Data Protection Services
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC is partnering with the Law, Franchise and Integrity team to build a legal shared services function. The GBSC team is predominantly co-located in a collaborative working environment in the heart of the Mastercard Technology Operations headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Select regional hubs exist to provide additional scale and agility. The GBSC provides services to all regions and all business units spanning 50 countries.
The Specialist, Legal Services – Privacy and Data Protection Services will be part of a team of privacy legal specialists within the broader GBSC Legal Services team. This position will support Mastercard’s integrated approach to privacy and data protection and be accountable for Data Subject Access Request management, and delivering positive customer experiences and efficient business results.
Number of Vacancies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand complex global privacy and data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and apply legal concepts to business and data constructs and processes
- Respond to Employee Data Access requests relating privacy and data protection
- Ensure that the strategic and excellent communication/response is drafted and communicated
- Support business and legal colleagues taking a privacy-by-design approach to ensure privacy compliance for all data driven products
- Develop intern personal skills and communication channels within the organization preserving the confidentiality at all times
- Provide superior customer service according to the GBSC standards in terms of quality, response time, resolution time and adhering to Service Level Objectives
- Responsible for identifying and monitoring risks and issues along with mitigation strategies to minimize negative impacts on project success and facilitate and influence interactions to deliver timely decision-making.
- Must be a minimum LLB graduate; CIPP/E or any IAPP certification will be an added advantage;
- Legal experience in privacy and data protection a plus, interactive technology, working experience on Data Subject Access request rights or data driven products preferred
- Strong privacy and data protection interest required, willingness to invest into getting up to speed with privacy and data protection laws globally quickly
- Knowledge of US, European, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, or other non-Indian legal systems a plus
- Familiarity with the financial services industry and payment processing industry, a plus.
- Excellent drafting skills, Advanced negotiation skills, hands on experience in strategically responding to Government /External communications, communicating with External Counsel if required and Senior leadership with the organization,
- Ability to recognize when to escalate and when to exercise independent judgement and discretion in reviewing/ negotiating contracts
- Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage workloads involving tasks of varying priority and complexity
- Excellent legal and business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with various types of stakeholders (business, lawyers, third parties such as vendors)
- Positive and energetic leadership skills with focus on efficiency and team building skills
- Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on collaborating with key legal and business stakeholders to negotiate and confirm legal contract terms
- Demonstrated strength in customer focused service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Team, Power Point etc.
How to Apply?
Click on the link given at the end of this post.
On the landing page, click on the ‘Apply’ button in blue to start the application process.
Duty Station: Pune, Maharashtra
Additional Note: Due to COVID-19, most of MasterCard’s employees are working from home. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted.
Further, MasterCard is currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, all candidates must be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.