NLSIU Bangalore is inviting applications for Consultants for the Centre for Child and the Law, NLSIU by December 3, 2022.
The National Law School of India University is a public law school and a National Law University located in Bangalore, Karnataka.
About the Opportunity
The Centre for Child and the Law (CCL), National Law School of India University, Bangalore is looking for consultants for a study on the pendency of cases in front of the Juvenile Justice Boards, Bangalore (urban and rural) under the Project on Enabling Access to Justice for Children in Juvenile Justice System.
3 months; January 1, 2023, to March 31, 2023.
Remuneration will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate
- Advanced degree in law, social science or any allied field, preferably Masters’s.
- Basic understanding of Indian criminal law and the stages of a trial
- 2 to 3 years experience in legal research and data mapping
- Prior experience working with the juvenile or adult criminal justice system
- Prior experience working on pendency
- Mapping important stages of the inquiry process using the research tool
- Capturing the reasons for delays in the inquiry process
- Analyzing the data using excel
- Preparing the preliminary draft report
- Experience in handling both qualitative and quantitative data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Kannada and English (mandatory)
How to Apply?
Interested applicants may write to ccl[at]nls.ac.in and recruitment[at]nls.ac.in attaching an updated CV, Statement of Purpose and work profile.
CCL, NLSIU and Observation Home, Madiwala
In case of any queries, please contact recruitment[at]nls.ac.in