Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the engagement as a Law Researcher on a temporary and contractual basis.
About Orissa High Court
Orissa High Court, Cuttack, India was developed with the objective to enable single-window access to information and services being provided by the OHC.
About the Opportunity
Sanction of posts of Law Researchers on a fixed honorarium basis, for their engagement in the Centre for Judicial Archives of Odisha under the establishment of the High Court of Orissa, has been issued by the Government of Odisha, with a view, that the attached Law Researchers may assist Director-cum-OSD and other officials of the Centre in the day-to-day work by researching and analyzing law, case law, reports, rulings, collection of historical judicial documents and records.
Number of Vacancies
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist the Director in processing, documenting, and accessing archival collections.
- To assist the Director in researching and responding to copyright and ownership issues.
- To coordinate and facilitate the use of the archives.
- To ensure accurate and up-to-date inventories and reconciliation of archival collections according to recognized archival standards.
- To assist the Director and the Committee in the creation, development, and implementation of collection management policies; Archive procedures, and preservation planning,
- To implement current procedures and develop new procedures for archival collections.
- To generally assist the Director in the research project.
- To perform other works of the Centre for Judicial Archives as and when assigned
- A candidate must not have crossed the age of 45 years on 1st January preceding the last date fixed for submission of the application.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- A candidate from a law background must have completed an LLB degree/LLM degree from any recognized University/College / Institution.
- A candidate must have a good working knowledge of computers. A Candidate with 3 years of practice/work and /or teaching experience would be preferred.
- A candidate should not have been convicted or involved in any pending criminal case.
Rs.30,000/- (Rupees Thirty thousand) per month or a such higher amount as may be prescribed by the State Government from time time
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates may apply to the Registrar (Examination) of the High Court of Orissa in the application form under Schedule 1 of the official notification given at the end of this post.
- It must be accompanied by copies of documents, as enumerated in the form.
- The Application Form duly filled in and completed in every aspect must reach the Office of the Registrar (Examination)
The High Court of Orissa, Cuttack
- The envelope containing the application form should be superscribed “Application for the post of Law Researcher (History)” and the cell phone number and e-mail lD should be mentioned on the envelope.
- There shall be a selection of candidates as per the modalities to be fixed by the Committee comprising a written test and interview as per the modalities
June 26, 2023