The American manufacturer of software and computer services – Hewlett Packard or HP is looking to hire for the job role of Legal Counsel, at Bangalore.
The Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
HP developed and provided a wide variety of hardware components, as well as software and related services to consumers, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.
The company was founded on January 1, 1939, by William R. Hewlett and David Packard, two recent electrical-engineering graduates of Stanford University. It was the first of many technology companies to benefit from the ideas and support of engineering professor Frederick Terman, who pioneered the strong relationship between Stanford and what eventually emerged as Silicon Valley.
Role and Responsibilities
The Legal Counsel at HP Acts as legal advisor to assigned internal clients or other company attorneys with respect to matters related to the area of specialty. The incumbent will identify legal risk and recommends solutions that help address the client’s objectives.
The Legal Counsel will represent the company in transactions, interactions, or disputes with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors. He/She shall also balance the business interests of client groups with ultimate fiduciary responsibility to company.
- Other roles include:
- Representing the company before industry policy setting organizations, government agencies, and other regulatory bodies.
- Areas of law practiced may include intellectual property law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate securities law, litigation, employment, structured financial deals, US government contracting, outsourcing, environmental, employee benefits, or bankruptcy.
- Managing the development of legal strategies by providing specialized legal expertise in one or more areas of strategic importance or having significant impact on revenue, risk, or policy for client base
- Planning and facilitating training and mentoring sessions with other team members and clients to share expertise on a variety of subtopics related to a specific legal concentration
- Identifying and resolving highly complex legal, regulatory, and business issues requiring highly specialized knowledge and judgment
- Acting as a master of the area of specialization by networking effectively to share subject matter expertise across a broad cross-section of the organization
Education and Experience Required
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB); additional advanced degree relevant to the specialty preferred.
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 2-4 years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Significant experience managing multiple, complex, strategic, specialty law projects, issues, and transactions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Mastery of practical and academic knowledge within a specific legal concentration, and a recognized authority in one or more sub-areas within the specific legal concentration
- Deep knowledge of company policies, procedures, and practices relevant to the specialty
- Developed understanding of how to operate successfully in the international legal environment for the specific legal concentration
- Mastery in negotiating or advising senior representatives of external and internal organizations on complex and high value/risk matters in a specialty
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and networking skills
- English language skills to business standard required
Perks and Benefits
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
How to Apply?
- Go to the link given at the end of this post.
- Read the requirements and other details.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button provided to the right of the Job Title.
- Sign in to the portal and get started with the application.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.