Kenvue, Mumbai, is hiring for the role of Legal Counsel.
Kenvue Inc. is an American consumer health company. It will be spun off from Johnson & Johnson in 2023. As the successor to Johnson & Johnson’s consumer health division, Kenvue is the proprietor of well-known brands such as Aveeno, Band-Aid, Benadryl, Johnson’s Baby, Listerine, Mylanta, Neutrogena, Tylenol, and Visine. Kenvue is headquartered in Skillman, New Jersey.
About the Job
- The Legal Counsel will be responsible for leading Corporate Governance and Corporate Secretarial function for Kenvue Legal entities in India and branch offices to ensure compliance with corporate laws and key enablers for corporate actions including mergers, acquisitions, divestiture, and demergers. The Legal Counsel will work to ensure thorough compliance and adherence to the highest standard of governance in statutory meetings, reporting, and filing.
- This role requires a team-oriented, solutions-focused, and agile business partner who will work with a hands-on approach to ensure compliance. The Legal Counsel is a functional lawyer for Corporate Governance, reporting to Legal Director, Southern Asia.
- Lead and ensure Corporate Governance and secretarial compliance for JNTL entities in India and affiliate markets having a branch office.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable provisions of the Companies Act including doing all the applicable filings on time with the required disclosures and certifications, calling for statutory meetings, and ensuring accurate record maintenance, reporting, and filings.
- Provide end-to-end legal advisory for the CSR of the Company, which is a statutory responsibility. This requires a review of all aspects of all CSR Projects, drafting related agreements, reviewing and adoption of CSR Policy and Annual Action Plan, advising over other matters in relation to CSR such as utilization/ non-utilization, impact assessment, etc., and securing the approval of CSR Committee and Board of Directors of the Company.
- Provide sound guidance and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to corporate actions such as merger/ demerger/ acquisition/ divestitures/Foreign Exchange Management Laws, as applicable. This includes working actively with Project Teams for end-to-end compliance and coordination, and working on proceedings before Court or adjudicating Authority.
- Possess communication and other skills to be able to positively influence the key stakeholders to make well-considered decisions.
- Engage with outside counsel and practicing Company Secretaries for advisory, certifications court proceedings, and ensure that all matters and filings are diligently handled.
- LLB or equivalent law degree from a nationally recognized university.
- Company Secretary from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- License to practice law either in India or another jurisdiction preferred.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant legal experience post qualification – including a mix of law firm and in-house experience.
- Preferably experience working in (listed) multinational corporations (MNC).
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong team player, with a proven ability to proactively engage with the business to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired actions.
- Comfortable working as part of a team and keen to interact with a diverse group of people spanning a broad range of business teams and executives within our client organizations.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels and a comprehensive understanding of the consumer goods industry.
- Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
- Able to set an example and ensure high ethical, legal, and compliance standards at JNTL India and be proactive in engaging the organization to identify opportunities to enhance ethics and anti-corruption practices and procedures.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and simplify issues for clients.
- Ability to work innovatively and proactively to support clients.
How to Apply?
Click on the link given at the end of this post.
Lawctopus regularly helps organisations hire interns and employees. Email the JD at email@example.com for free and paid plans.