Legal Foxes is organising its 4th National Online Judgement Writing Competition.
About Legal Foxes
Legal Foxes is a multi-disciplinary law firm and E-Learning Platform based in Delhi focusing primarily on spreading legal literacy among all people. The supreme goal is to make legal knowledge awareness reach out to every nook and cranny of the country.
Legal Foxes organizes informative webinars and e-workshops on a regular basis wherein Judges, Practicing Advocates and Professors address the students all over the country.
They also organize exciting events and competitions, ranging from online Moot Courts to law quiz, memorial drafting and much more. All of these endeavours are solely organized for the purpose of providing legal literacy to the nation.
About the Competition
The main advantages of this contest are to cultivate the knack/art of writing judgements among students to push the students to write the judgement within the prescribed timeline.
The students are given the feel of assuming the role of the judge. While performing this role, sometimes they would modify the judgements, at times they would supply the missing judge on the bench, say by engaging in feminist or ablistic styles of judicial reasoning.
The students are also encouraged to do research, to explore possible criticism against the judgement or even to completely substitute the new judgement with the existing one. However on the balance of
advantages and limitations, they feel that Alternate Judgement writing is a good initiative to ignite the minds of the students and encourage them to assume the shoes of both lawyers and judges.
The greatest strength of this contest is to engage the students with multi-tasking of both creative lawyering and innovative judging.
Students are also required to practice the art of writing judgement within the bounds of the judicial process so that their judgements may prove to be guidelines or tipping points that the judiciary in real-time may employ.
The Judgment Writing Competition will have the following principles and purpose:
- To develop a judicious mind.
- To apply legal concepts with a clarity of thought.
- To promote the spirit of rule of law and justice.
- To interpret the law in a justifiable manner with a view to meet ends of justice.
For the registration form, click here: https://forms.gle/cruJsMiX4Rh57U6J6
- It shall not exceed 6000 words (including authorities).
- The team is required to cite authorities similar to Judgments of Court.
- The judgment shall conform to the format of the judgment as given below and shall contain the Team Code on the front page.
- It shall be submitted as an attachment in .doc/.docX format and .pdf format with
a font size of 12 and line spacing of 1.5 lines in Times New Roman‘ font. The alignment must be justified on A4 size paper.
- The subject of the mail must be in the format of Code xxx – Judgment Submission – Judgement Writing 2022‘.
- The name of the file should be Team Code i.e., Team xxx‘ (for e.g. the code of a team is 2020, the document should be named as Team 2020‘ and the email should be sent with the subject: Code 2020 – Judgment Submission – Judgement Writing 2020‘).
- You have to attach judgement in a form which will be shared after a successful registration.
- Winner: Cash prize of Rs. 1100 + Free publication In Indexed Journal with ISSN No. + certificate of excellence + 90% Discount on All Online Certificate Courses by Legalfoxes.
- Runner up: cash prize of Rs. 500 + Free publication In Indexed Journal with ISSN No. + certificate of excellence + 90% Discount on All Online Certificate Courses by Legalfoxes.
- Certificate of merit + 50% off In Indexed Journal with ISSN No. + 80% Discount on All Online certificate Courses By Legalfoxes for the following 15 participants.
- E-certificates of participation for all.
- Top 3 Judgements will be Published in Legalfoxes Law Times and Certification of Publication will be Given.
- Rs. 200/- For an Individual Author
- Rs 350/- For Team of two Authors
- Rs 500/- For Team of Three Authors
The judgment is to be attached in form latest by 15th March 2022. Any judgment received after 11:59 P.M. IST will not be considered for the competition and the team will be disqualified.
- Devshree Dua: 9650323344
- Official Number: 7011524783
- E-mail ID: lawfoxes[at]gmail.com
For the judgement writing problem, click here: https://lawc.to/ySEnh
Note: This is a sponsored post.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.