School of Law, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences will be organizing a National Symposium on Law, Gender and Society on the occasion of Constitution Day, 26th November 2022.
About the Organizer
RUAS’ School of Law has been approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI) with a view to catering to the requirements of the legal profession.
About the Symposium
The human rights principles of human dignity and non-discrimination underpin the international commitment to equality before the law.
It is only when the status of “aequalitas” is maintained in society, amongst all the individuals existing within it, irrespective of gender identity, can that society progress at an expeditious rate.
The symposium predicates a better understanding of the nexus between Law, Gender, and Society.
Any individual who is studying, teaching or practising law.
Aims and Objectives
- The symposium aims to highlight the expert opinions and interpretations of distinguished panellists on the topic.
- The objective of the symposium is to make people aware of the sensitization of gender in society.
- The symposium will focus on the nexus between law and gender.
- To understand gender norms and their impact on Law and Society.
- To emphasize principles of equality and justice and International human rights standards.
List of Panelists
- Dr. S.B.N Prakash, Former Adjunct Faculty, National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- Dr. Yashomati Ghosh Associate Professor, National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- Dr. A. Nagarathna, Associate Professor, National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- Dr. Mallaiah MR, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, Christ University, Bangalore
- Dr. Chetan B Singai, Associate Professor, School of Social Sciences, RUAS
- Dr. Prashant S Desai, Dean, School of Law, RUAS
- Dr. Aruna L, Associate Professor, School of Law, RUAS
- Registration Fee for students – Rs. 200
- Registration Fee for academic or other professionals in the legal field – Rs. 500
Note: No accommodation or travel allowance will be provided from the organization’s side.
Venue and Time
- Auditorium, 3rd Floor, Ramiah Medical College, RUAS GG Campus
- Time: 10:30 AM
In case of any queries, please contact ruas.sol[at]msruas.ac.in