– A class 12 student committed suicide, and in a private video alleged that a correspondent from her school spoke to her parents about conversion to Christianity.
– When the Superintendent of police, said in a press conference, that the conversion angle was ruled out, the child’s father moved the High Court seeking a transfer of the investigation.
– The petitioner submitted that the education minister and two other “high ranking Ministers” had given their opinions, absolving the school authorities of conversion.
– The school vehemently denied any allegations of attempts to convert.
– Justice GR Swaminathan who heard the father’s petition opined that the investigation was not on the right lines and thus, transferred the case to the CBI