The Bhumi Fellowship 2022 is inviting applications for its next cohort from passionate young graduates who can transform the school ecosystem.
Bhumi is one of India’s largest independent youth volunteer non-profit organisations. Bhumi as a platform enables over 30,000 volunteers in more than 12 cities across India for causes like education, environment, animals, community welfare etc. Bhumi helps educate over 25,000 children across India as of 2020.
The team of Bhumi is passionate about driving meaningful change. They believe in a just system that provides equal opportunities for all. This includes a working education system that prepares children for a better tomorrow.
The Bhumi Fellowship
The vision of this fellowship is to build a movement of change agents who can transform the school ecosystem and improve learning opportunities for underprivileged children in India and the mission is to transform the education system by enabling youth as agents of change.
The Bhumi Fellowship is a two-year, paid, full-time fellowship program for young graduates who want to improve the quality of education in India by transforming schools.
Responsibilities of the Fellows
- Teaching English and Mathematics for a minimum of 12-15 hours every week
- Supporting teachers with innovative teaching methods
- Improving the leadership skills of school leaders/headmasters
- Identifying problems faced by the school or the community and design a robust and sustainable solution
- You must have graduated with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree by June/July 2022.
- Final year students/Graduates between 20 and 30 years of age
- Past volunteering or work experience in any field
- Passionate about transforming the education system
Application and Selection Process
- The interested candidate will have to fill out the application form to give Bhumi a sense of who you are and why you want to be a part of the fellowship.
- After reviewing the application, the candidates may give a few more questions.
- A telephonic interview will be conducted for the evaluation.
- After a successful evaluation, he/she will have to participate in a group discussion. Following this, an interview will be conducted.
Rs. 18,000 per month
Non-Chennai residents will be eligible for an additional house rent allowance.
The application deadline is February 12th, 2022 (Sunday) and the outcome will be communicated via email for each round within 7-10 days.
Click here for the official website of the Fellowship.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.