Hair fall and thinning is quite a common issue and can affect people of all ages and can happen during any season. A lot of factors can trigger hair thinning – stress, hormonal problems, wrong dietary choices, poor nutrition, use of wrong haircare products, illness, and medications. Instead of spending huge amount of money on expensive hair oils and treatments, make use of these everyday products to make hair thicker, shinier, and healthier.
Most importantly, place great importance on your diet when suffering from hair issues such as thinning and hair fall because the right amount of nutrition obtained through food can increase the rate of hair growth and combat hair fall. Additionally, go through this list of 10 Everyday Things To Make Hair Thicker.
1. Eggs: Full of protein, vitamins, and essential nutrients, eggs strengthen the hair, and also add shine and lustre at the same time. Here’s a hair-growth boosting onion, egg yolk, Lemon and Honey Hair Mask for Healthy Hair that you can make at home.
2. Olive Oil: Hot oil massage is another easy way to get thick and dense hair. Nutrient-rich hair oils such as olive oil, coconut oil can be massaged directly on the scalp to nourish the hair and boost hair growth. You should heat the oil and make sure it is slightly warm while massaging the scalp. Wash off after two hour or keep overnight for best results.
3. Onion: Application of onion juice can help a great deal to combat hair thinning. Extract some onion juice and mix it with coconut oil and yogurt. Apply this mixture to the scalp and leave it for an hour. Wash off with lukewarm water after some time. This is a cheap remedy with so many benefits. It not only promotes thick and dense hair, but also helps to achieve shiny and smooth hair.
4. Potato: Potato contains vitamin B, A, and C which is extremely healthy for hair. Extract some potato juice and apply to the scalp. Wash off with lukewarm water. Use shampoo and conditioner for best results. Opt for this remedy twice or thrice in a day.
5. Flaxseed: Do you know flaxseeds can give you thick and dense hair? Yes, flaxseed is an excellent ingredient which can provide good amount of nutrients to the hair. You need to soak some seed in 1/3rd cup filled with water and leave it overnight. Now, collect flaxseeds and boil them in water till they turn into a gel-like consistency. Allow the gel to cool down. Apply on the scalp and wash off with water after two hours.
6. Castor Oil: From eyelashes to eyebrows, this oil stimulates hair growth everywhere! Mix equal quantities of coconut oil with castor oil, warm it up a bit, and apply on the scalp, and massage well. Leave for 1 hour or overnight for best results.
7. Rice Water: Rice water has inositol, a carbohydrate that can repair damaged hair. It can strengthen the roots, make it smooth and silky. It also controls hair fall to a certain extent. Read in detail on “How To Grow Hair Longer with Just Rice Water” in this post.
8. Coconut Milk: Each one of us is aware of the amazing benefits of using coconut oil on hair and skin, and not to forget, weight loss, but coconut milk is equally good too! Coconut milk, which is extracted from the white flesh (not to be confused with coconut water) of the fruit, is full of nutrients, vitamins, and micronutrients, hugely beneficial for skin, hair, and for overall health. Counting its abundant hair-beneficial nutrients – from vitamin C, iron, to trace minerals like selenium and magnesium. Coconut milk can make hair long, strong, and healthy because it nourishes hair, supplies ample moisture, boosts hair growth, and reduces hair fall. Read about “Amazing Ways to Get Strong and Beautiful Hair with Coconut Milk” in this post.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is a natural substitute for various chemicals found in beauty products, and as an overall health boosting tonic. And this multi-tasking ingredient can even clear acne, dark spots, and give you healthy hair as well. Add one teaspoon apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink daily. This will strengthen hair and promote hair growth. To clear dandruff, mix 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts warm water. Massage this mixture into your scalp before shampooing. You can also mix one teaspoon apple cider vinegar into your regular shampoo wash hair, massaging and concentrating on your scalp to keep your scalp dandruff free.
10. A Good Comb: Using a good quality comb, some studies say, wooden comb improves blood circulation on the scalp, stimulates hair follicles, and boosts hair growth. While you need not brush your hair 100 times in a day, do make sure you are using a good comb every single time to stimulate hair growth.
How To Grow Hair Longer with Just Rice Water
Amazing Ways to Get Strong and Beautiful Hair with Coconut Milk