Getting “Rapunzel-like” (well almost) hair is every girl’s dream. Hair fall, dandruff, brittle hair, dryness, rough hair are common hair concerns that bogs a lot of us. Henna hair packs can address a lot of these concerns in one go. The benefits you can derive from applying henna to your hair are many, here a few to list, it provides deep conditioning to the hair, besides giving the hair a pretty sheen and covers grey hair with a brownish tint. It also promotes hair growth, treats dandruff and adds volume to the hair. While henna (12 Best Henna Brands in India), can be a versatile product, the outcome can depend on what you add in to the mask while you prep it up. All of us can have different requirements when we go in for a henna mask and each preparation has a different duration required to take effect, you can try these 5 different variations to prepare your mask accordingly.
How To Apply Homemade Henna Packs:
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed wooden comb to detangle knots.
- Gently massage your scalp, stimulating blood circulation.
- Apply the mixture, starting from roots to tips.
- Leave it on for 1-2 hours.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Use a conditioner/serum to add some extra moisture.
- Air dry and comb.
5 Homemade Henna Hair Packs For Gorgeous Hair:
1. Henna Pack for Strong and Healthy Hair: This hair pack conditions, strengthens, and nourishes hair as well. To make this pack, take around 6 heaped tablespoons (for medium-length hair). Take 2 tbsp of Bhringaraj Powder, and 2 tbsp of hibiscus powder. Add in 7 to 8 drops of rosemary oil Rosemary Oil. Mix all the ingredients, add water to make a smooth paste. Instead of plain water, you can boil neem/tulsi/curry leaves for a few minutes in water and use it in the henna to make paste.
2. Henna Mask To Color Hair: If you need a deep brown or reddish tinge to your hair or to cover up deep grey hair, soak henna overnight by mixing it with adequate tea decoction, in the morning add a tablespoon of ground coffee powder to the mixture and apply it all over your hair generously. Leave it on for a minimum of 4 hours as henna is known to start taking effect on grey hair only after a minimum of 4 hours.
3. Henna Mask for Dandruff: To get rid of dandruff, soak henna overnight by mixing it with adequate tea decoction and just before you apply it to your hair, add in a dollop of curd and the fresh juice of one lemon. Apply it on to your hair and wash off after 2 hours.
4. Henna Mask for Soft and Shiny Hair: To get lustrous shine in your mane, let the henna soak in the tea decoction overnight and add a teaspoon each of coconut oil and aloe vera gel. If you don’t mind the smell of an egg, you can add an egg white to the mixture for best results. Apply the mixture to your hair and wash off after 2-3 hours. (Also read: 20 Best Homemade Hair Packs).
5. Henna Mask for Deep Condition: For overall conditioning of your hair, mix the henna powder with a teaspoon each of amla and hibiscus powder, pour in required amount of tea decoction to make a paste and soak it overnight. Just before you want to apply the mixture, add some curd and fresh lemon juice. Mix these ingredients well and apply to the entire hair and wash off after 2-3 hours.
While the preparation of the mask is what you need to pay attention to depending on the desired outcome, also note that when it’s time to wash it off, do it with plain water. Do not shampoo while you wash off. You just need to thoroughly rinse off the henna with plain water, let your hair air-dry and oil your hair well overnight as henna tends to dry out hair initially. The next morning, you can rinse your hair with your regular shampoo and you will see immediate shine and healthy bounce in your hair.
12 Best Henna Brands in India
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
7 Different Ways to Use Curd for Different Hair Problems