Friday, September 29, 2023
HomePoliticsWoman dies, 4 injured after hut catches fire due to gas leak

Woman dies, 4 injured after hut catches fire due to gas leak

Ballia (UP), Jun 10 (PTI) A 24-year-old woman died and four others were injured after her hut caught fire due to cooking gas leakage, police said on Saturday.

The incident occurred while the woman was cooking food on Friday night in Atrauli village under the Nagra police station area.

Rasra Circle Officer (CO) Mohammad Faheem on Saturday said on Friday night, a hut in Atrauli village caught fire, while food was being cooked, and subsequently, it assumed gigantic proportions.

He said Mansha Devi died in the fire, while four others sustained burn injuries. The four were taken to a government hospital in Rasra, from where two seriously injured persons were sent to Varanasi.

The CO also informed that two goats, Rs 80,000 cash, jewellery and items worth Rs 3 lakh perished in the fire.

He added that the body of the deceased has been sent for post-mortem examination. PTI COR NAV RDT

This report is auto-generated from PTI news service. ThePrint holds no responsibility for its content.

Source: The Print

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments