The startup tracked the transaction and purchases of its users on the platform to identify their changing preferences and needs. The analysis and outcomes were drawn based on users’ shopping habits in the year 2021
GoPaisa- a leading cashback and coupons website in India, conducted an analysis based on transactional data of the users to understand the changing patterns of online shoppers over the period. Due to the pandemic, a lot of markets seem to have witnessed a shift in consumer behavior. The startup tracked the transaction and purchases of its users on the platform to identify their changing preferences and needs. The analysis and outcomes were drawn based on users’ shopping habits in the year 2021.
● For 64% percent of users deals were the primary factor in shop for gadgets
● 25% of users buying gadgets purchased fit watches
● There has been a 400% increase in the orders for fitness bands
● 25% of people buying Yoga and Gym equipment
● Among the fitness products, fitness brands and athleisure and loungewear product tops the tally
● 38% percent of users buying fitness products hail from the metro cities 46% from semi-urban areas where branded products physical stores are not available so Online is the only go-to option for them. People from Tier 3 and beyond have now become more brand conscious, from buying sports shoes to gym wear they want to have the best even if it sometimes involves going a bit beyond their spending capacity.
● There has been a 300% increase in sales of health drinks and health supplements and this newfound demand increase is coming from entirely from the tier 3 and beyond markets.
● There has been a 250% increase in the shopping for online e-learning courses deals
● In the last year, 35 percent of people shopping online have bought e-learning courses
● Oziva, Healthkart and Lybrate happen to be the top 3 brands for fitness products and Udemy, Testbook, Gradeup for skill-based products
In view of the shift in buyers’ behavior Ms. Ankita Jain- Co-Founder and CMO, GoPaisa said, “The pandemic certainly has altered the buying preferences and needs of the online shoppers. They have become more health-conscious and have also started spending more time exploring digital learning. These two categories have risen to be among the top 5 categories driving the majority of the traction for us. Witnessing this trend we expect it to contribute around 35 to 40 percent of total sales this festive season.” GoPaisa has booked over 3 lakh transactions in 2021 with a more than a 3.5 million user bases on its platform.
Source: Business World