Server-side development is also known as backend development. All the work that the user doesn’t need to know is called server-side or backend development. It mainly focuses on the action or work-related with DB or the logic needed when the user performs an action on the website. It helps to improve the user experience by providing them with ease of use. This is the reason why it is called backend.
This blog helps you to understand how to become a back-end developer, what are its roles and responsibilities, salary and many more.
Who is a backend developer?
A backend developer works with the people in the team and to find the problem and create a solution to improve the backend application. A backend developer has to use their understanding of different programming languages and available IDEs in order to understand and learn the current developments in codes and industries to create more efficient solutions.
Efficient communication and project management skills are important for a backend developer to create a better solution or a program for a better user experience. Good knowledge of backend systems and motivation to learn by yourself is always a pro for a backend developer.
Our Most Popular Free Courses:
Backend developer job description
1) Incorporate and examine information, process, and codes to investigate issues and recognize regions for development.
2) Working together with the front-end engineers and other colleagues to build up to goals and plan more functional, strong codes to improve the client experience.
3) Creating thoughts for new projects, items, or features by observing industry advancements and patterns.
4) Recording information and detailing it to legitimate parties, like customers or authority.
5) Taking an interest in proceeding with education and preparing to stay current on best coding practices, learn new programming languages, and help other colleagues.
6) Taking the lead on projects, depending on the situation.
Roles and responsibilities of a backend developer:
1) Partake in the whole application lifecycle, most importantly on coding and finding the bugs.
2) Compose clean code to develop the most useful web applications.
3) Investigate and troubleshoot applications.
4) Performing UI tests to enhance execution.
5) Oversee state of the art tech to further develop best applications.
6) Team up with Front-end engineers to incorporate client using components with server-side logic.
7) Accumulate and address tech and design necessities.
8) Give proper training and support to inward teams.
9) Construct reusable code and libraries for future purpose.
10) Liaise with engineers, architects and system administrators to distinguish new components.
11) Follow new and emerging cutting edge innovations.
1) Demonstrated work experience being a Back-end engineer.
2) Inside and out comprehension of the whole web advancement process (plan, improvement and deployment).
3) Hands-on experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP & Python.
4) Working experience on frameworks like CMS.
6) Great scientific and time managing abilities.
7) Cooperation and teamwork skills with a critical problem-solving demeanor.
8) BSc degree in Computer Science or its relevant field.
Backend developer salary trends in India/US
The salary for a backend developer in the US on an average falls within the range of 123,000 – 164,000 dollars based on the location. The area offering its backend engineers the most significant compensation is South Florida Bay Area with $164,000, trailed by New York with $150,665, and Seattle with $147,222.
Chicago is at the lower part of this heap at $123,027. South Florida Bay Area is on the first spot on the list having the most number of organizations employing backend engineers. SF Bay Area has 612 organizations searching for backend engineers. New York with 368 and Boston with 144 complete the best three.
To start with the average base compensation of a backend designer in India – 7.9 lac per annum. The base avg compensation of a backend designer can be up to 17.33 lac for each annum relying upon various elements.
Then again, on the off chance that you don’t have the right insight or got a job in a city that doesn’t take care of its backend designer alright, you could even make as low as 2.33 lac for every annum. Adding your abilities and experience, there are different factors too that have a significant part in deciding your compensation.
Your work area is a vital factor. A city that has workplaces of a few tech organisations is probably going to have more open positions and give backend designers more compensation than others. This is why you will see New Delhi and Bangalore doing great in this section. Likewise, figures of New Delhi additionally include compensations that are paid to backend designers in Gurgaon, which is a tech centre point on its own. That is the reason you will see the normal compensations paid in New Delhi are higher than the public normal.
The normal compensation of a backend designer in New Delhi is around 8.19 lac per annum. The most extreme that you can hope to procure in the public capital is around 21 lac for every annum. In case you are in Mumbai, you will be paid around 7.21 lac for each annum, which is below the public normal.
Nonetheless, if you have the right insight and abilities, you can procure up to 12 lac for each annum. As we told you, Bangalore pays its backend, designers more compensation than the public normal – 8.72 lac every year. This can go up to 21 lac for the right developers. Hyderabad, once more, offers compensation that is below the public normal – 7.05 lac for every annum. The most significant compensation you can procure in Hyderabad is around 8.44 lac for each annum.
Skills required to be a backend developer
One needs to have a working knowledge of the following languages and frameworks:
Python is the most used language recently when it comes to development also the fast-growing programming language. Since it supports various programming styles and techniques and is most useful when it comes to data visualization.
Java is principally planned for backend improvement. A more powerful framework, Java is normally written in an Integrated Development Environment prior to being arranged in bytecode, or low-level code that can be read by an interpreter, instead of human engineers.
A day in the life of a backend developer:
This truly relies upon the position you’re assigned. Web development, generally, has become such a huge chasm of ranges of abilities, the everyday obligations can be quite different.
- To maintain the applications
- Solving the bugs
- Offering any kind of technical advice
- Collaborating and teaching with teammates
By the day’s end, the more different your abilities are, the more thrilling your days will be. If you centre around one specific tech, you will rapidly wind up where you’re just equipped for taking care of one specific arrangement of issues. In a college climate, this has specifically terrible outcomes, as a result of the plenty of issues that happen consistently. Yet, much more than that, web engineers need to battle against becoming immaterial and obsolete.
How to become a backend developer?
Since you have a smart thought of what you ought to learn, the following stage is to begin learning. There are a lot of YouTube recordings and well known online journals to allude to when you are learning. Yet, the main way you will get a handle on backend abilities is the point at which you Learn by Doing.
Just when you construct something all alone, you see how the backend of a web application works. You can do this by chipping away at a few little mini-projects. These are an incredible way of developing your programming abilities and getting involved with backend structures and devices you need to learn. Try not to stand by till you learn sufficient hypotheses prior to beginning a task.
Influence GitHub to gain more from different devs. Study their code and break down how they approached addressing specialized difficulties like your case. Show restraint toward yourself. Bugs in your code make you a superior issue solver. Utilize logical troubleshooting standards to limit your difficulties. Go through what different devs need to say in discussions like Stackoverflow.
What are the advantages of a back-end development course?
- Get a good-paying job and enjoy a steady job in the industry.
- You can start developing serious games and earn a competitive salary.
- you can make a career that would be fun while helping others have fun too.
- You can learn how to develop games for various different platforms.
- You can get yourself ready for a challenging industry.
0 Source: GreatLearning Blog