VIPS is organizing ‘Antarnaad 2022’. a 2-segment event with National Nukkad Natak Competition and the National Open-Mic Competition, to be held on April 20, 2022 at the VIPS-TC campus.
About the Organizer
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi.
VSLLS: Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies (VSLLS), under the umbrella of VIPS, has taken progressive efforts to equip its law students to face the world by developing conceptual clarity and focusing on the creation of research aptitude and critical approaches.
VLAC: The Legal Aid Centre of VIPS, since its establishment in 2013, is dedicated to performing its social responsibility. VIPS Legal Aid Centre is connected between the DSLSA and the people visiting us on a regular basis.
The word “Antarnad” refers to the inner voices present within every individual. It is the intrinsic speech of an individual’s soul, the moral compass that differentiates rights from wrongs for that individual, the guiding light that illuminates his path in the journey of life.
Antarnad was chosen as the name for this event because through this event, we wish to highlight and bring forth the inner voices suppressed within every individual and give them a platform to let loose and express themselves through acting, more specifically, through Nukkad Natak.
Nukkad Natak is a street art play where the actors perform in public with a live audience. Nukkad Natak is used as a medium to reach out to the general public and briefly shift their attention from the hustle and bustle of their daily life to the bigger vices plaguing society.
Antarnad 2022 will take place on 20th April 2022 at the VIPS-TC Campus. The competition has 2 segments; the National Nukkad Natak Competition and the National Open-Mic Competition.
National Nukkad Natak Competition
Theme: Social & Legal Issues
- All the participants are expected to adhere to COVID guidelines and regulations
- Only one team from an institution shall be allowed to participate in the competition.
- Each team shall comprise a total of 20-25 members. Under no circumstances the teams would be allowed to exceed the number of members.
- The teams must prepare an act of around 15-20 minutes on the theme mentioned above.
- The team should ensure that their performance should be in Hindi with minimal use of English.
- The teams must register through the registration form attached with the brochure.
- Content should be an original piece of work, plagiarized work is strictly prohibited; if found to be plagiarized the organizers and judges reserve the right to disqualify the team or deduct points.
- Props, background music, and background lightning are allowed, but No pre-recorded voice or music is allowed.
- Only one member from each team needs to register with whom all communications will be made via mail.
- A maximum of 5 instruments are allowed per team.
- Any form of obscenity through actions, images, or language may result in penalties ranging from point deduction to disqualification.
National Open-Mic Competition
- All the participants are expected to adhere to COVID guidelines and regulations.
- Open Mic includes Poetry, Storytelling, Stand-up comedy, Rapping and beatboxing.
- All participants must register through the link provided for open mic.
- The preliminary round includes a screening process wherein the participants will be judged on the basis of the write-ups submitted by them on or before 19 April till 7:00 pm.
- The content presented must be original. Plagiarism may lead to disqualification.
- The time limit for the performance is 3 to 5 minutes. Extra time may lead to the deduction of marks.
- Props or use of musical instruments/ pre-recorded music is permitted provided that participants need to make arrangements on his/her own and coordinate with the organizers prior to the event.
- An open theme will be followed for the competition.
- The performance should not include profane language.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant if they do not respect the equipment (no mic drops or chair kicking).
How to Register?
Fill out the form for the particular competition you want to participate in.
- Nukkad Natak Competition: Rs. 1000/-
- Open Mic Competition: Rs. 150/-
Through Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT)
- Name: Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies Technical Campus
- Name of Bank: HDFC Bank Ltd.
- Branch: F1U/42 Block, Pitampura, New Delhi-110034
- Account number: 50100199004255
- IFSC : HDFC 0001657
Note: Note: The teams are required to send a soft copy of the payment receipt and the registration form to vips.antarnad[at]gmail.com
April 15, 2022
Ms. Insha Goel Vats (Faculty Coordinator): 9654525945
- Arya: 7042181326
- Mansi: 8587061772
- Prachi: 7838938067
Click here for the official brochure for the competitions.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.