The NLUO Blog for Animal and Environmental Jurisprudence and Rights (AEJR) under the Society for the Advancement of Animal and Environmental Welfare (SAAEW) is inviting submissions by way of a Call for Blogs.
The Society for the Advancement of Animal and Environmental Welfare (SAAEW) was conceived in 2017 under the aegis of National Law University Odisha, Cuttack to create affirmative discourse on issues related to animal and environmental welfare.
The goal of this Society is to promote greater academic discussion and create a dialogue on the marginalized rights of animals and the environment. The Society through informed dialogue aims to identify those facets of animal and environmental law which require constant consideration in this era.
The NLUO Blog for Animal and Environmental Jurisprudence and Rights (AEJR) aims to encourage academic discourse on environmental and animal law. SAAEW, through this blog intends to crystallize legal thought on the latest developments in animal and environmental laws both internationally and in the Indian context.
The blog aims to act as a platform to support and promote research of the highest standard in animal and environmental law. Through this venture, we intend to provide a platform to all institutions and individuals alike who associate themselves with our cause and initiate discussions on the most relevant issues concerning the area of animal and environmental welfare.
Call for Blogs
The AEJR invites blogs from students, practitioners, researchers, academicians, policymakers and other stakeholders in the legal field on a rolling basis on contemporary issues pertaining to the environment and animal welfare.
The blog accepts the legal analysis of current global issues pertaining to animal and environmental welfare, case laws, legislations and the new policies concerned around the blog’s theme. Acceptance is contingent on the quality of the study as well as adherence to the submission standards.
The blog welcomes original submissions on contemporary issues in ‘Animal and Environmental Jurisprudence’.
The NLUO Blog for Animal and Environmental Jurisprudence and Rights welcomes original submissions from students, researchers, academicians, practitioners, policy makers and individuals who associate themselves with our cause.
The Blog accepts submissions on a rolling basis.
- The submissions have to be unpublished and should be the original work of the author(s).
- Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted.
- There must be no hint, whatsoever, of the authors’ identity in the word document submitted.
- We invite submissions from the following categories
- Short Articles, which report on the results of new research in legal developments in relation to Environmental or Animal Rights Law (up to 2000 words);
- Opinion pieces, which advance a personal viewpoint on a current issue or debate in Environmental or Animal Rights Law (700-1200 words);
- Legislative Comments, which addresses a specific policy document and draft legislations which affects public interest (up to 2000 words)
- Case Comments, which reports on specific cases in Environmental or Animal Rights Law (up to 2000 words)
- Book Reviews, which critically analyses legal texts which concern Environmental or Animal Rights Law (up to 1500 words)
- Word limits are indicative only. Authors are invited to stay within them to enhance the effectiveness of their submissions. Longer posts may be accepted and published in parts subject to the discretion of the Editorial Board. The word limit is exclusive of the endnotes (if any). The citation format used for the endnotes must be uniform, preferably in the latest edition of Bluebook.
- Once posted on the Blog’s website, a submission may be cross-posted on other platforms. The cross-post must carry the words ‘First posted on AEJR’, with a link to the post.
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12 and line spacing 1.5.
- Endnotes must be in Times New Roman, Bluebook 20th Edition Format, font size 10 and line spacing 1.0.
How to Submit?
Please mail all your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Blog Submission:
“Title”, only in a Microsoft Office Word-compatible format (.doc or .docx), PDFs will not be accepted. The author(s) are also requested to submit a short biography detailing their current designation and institutional affiliations.
Mobile: +91 89843 14170
Click here for the official website of SAAEW.