Centre for the Study of Law and Governance, Institute of Law Nirma University is organizing an essay writing competition for school and college students on the occasion of Constitution Day.
About the Centre for the Study of Law and Governance
Centre for the Study of Law and Governance was established under the aegis of the Institute of Law, Nirma University in the year 2014 and since then it has been committed to the dissemination of knowledge and research in the field of legal policy and governance.
About the Competition
A two-fold virtual essay writing competition would be held at School as well as College Level.
- The students from Class 9-12 of all the schools of India are eligible to participate in the competition.
- All law college students of India are eligible to participate in the competition.
- School Level- “The Indian Constitution: A Confluence of Ideologies”.
- College Level- “Shades of Constitutional Secularism”.
- The word limit of the essay is 1000-1500 words, excluding footnotes.
- The submission by the participants should reflect original work.
- The article containing more than 10% plagiarism will be out rightly rejected.
- Margins: 2.54 cm each side (or “Normal” Margins);
- File Format: Docx. or Doc;
- Line Spacing: 1.5;
- Alignment of Text: Justified;
- Font Style: Times New Roman;
- Font Size: 14;
- All citations should be uniform and following the Bluebook 20th edition citation format.
How to submit?
The submissions are to be made through email to clg.il[at]nirmauni.ac.in with the subject line: “Submission for Essay Competition, 2022”.
- 1st Position – Books on law and governance worth up to INR 1500.
- 2nd Position – Books on law and governance worth up to INR 1000
- 3rd Position – Books on law and governance worth up to INR 750.
- The winners will be awarded an e-certificate.
- The winners will have their essays published in CLG’s bi-monthly magazine- Prudentia, the e-copy of which will be provided to them.
November 23, 2022; 11:59 PM
In case of any queries, please contact clg.il[at]nirmauni.ac.in.