Applications are invited from PG/research students for an internship opportunity at National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD).
National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, popularly known as NIPCCD, is a premier organisation devoted to promotion of voluntary action research, training and documentation in the overall domain of women and child development.
Established in New Delhi in the year 1966 under Societies Registration Act of 1860, it functions under the aegis of the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
In order to cater to the region-specific requirements of the country, the Institute, over a period of time, has established four Regional Centres at Guwahati (1978), Bangalore (1980), Lucknow (1982) and Indore (2001).
About the Internship Opportunity
Applications are invited for an Internship from PG/Research Students for 2022-23 in the prescribed proforma.
The scheme along with the application form has been posted at the website of the Institute www.nipccd.nic.in. (The last date for receipt of application would be 31st March, 2022).
Duration of Internship
The internship period would be between May, 2022- August, 2022.
Duration of internship will not be exceeding a period of 2 months.
How Does it Work?
- The interns would be attached with any of the Additional/Joint Director incharge of specialized Divisions e.g. Child Development, Women Development, Training, Public Cooperation and Regional Directors in charge of NIPCCD Regional Centres located at Bengaluru, Guwahati, Lucknow, Indore and Mohali.
- Such interns may also be sent to different States/ UTs to study the functioning of AWCs, Children Homes, etc. and may be associated with Social Audit of such AWCs and Children Homes.
- They may be required to spend at least 50% of their time of internship in field with concrete assignments.
- They will be entitled for TA/DA as applicable to the regular staff of the Institute drawing Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/- only during their field visit.
- These interns will be required to present a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment highlighting their observations and the suggestions, if any.
Who is it for?
Post Graduate (PG) and Research Students during their holidays, who are willing to have an exposure/familiarization to overall processes involved in the child development, women development, ICDS training, voluntary action & counselling.
Certificates will be issued to the interns at the end of their internship.
Rs.2500/- per month for a post graduate student
Rs.5000/ for a Ph.D. student for maximum of ten students in a financial year, for a period not exceeding 2 months, will be payable at the end for local transport and other contingency for their contribution in Institute’s work.
How to Apply?
Applicants should send their applications through their Head of the Department/Institute addressed to Director, NIPCCD, 5, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016 or e-mail to email@example.com
The candidate will be required to produce a permission letter from their Supervisor or Head of Department, in case interested to join internship during holidays.
March 31, 2022
Director, NIPCCD shall select the suitable interns for placement in various Divisions of Headquarters and Regional Centres (Guwahati, Bangalore, Lucknow and Indore). of the Institute.