Applications are open throughout the year for IPR internship at the Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks a.k.a the Indian Patent Office.
About the Indian Patent Office
The Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trade Marks, generally known as the Indian Patent Office, is an agency under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade that administers the Indian law of Patents, Designs, and Trade Marks.
About the Internship Opportunity
The Union Cabinet approved the National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy on May 12, 2016, which lays the future roadmap for IPRs in India. The Policy recognizes the abundance of creative and innovative energies that flow in India and the need to tap into and channel these energies toward a better and brighter future for all.
This internship program aims to work towards the fulfillment of the following objectives of the National IPR Policy 2016:
- Objective 1: IPR Awareness: Outreach and Promotion – To create public awareness about the economic, social, and cultural benefits of IPRs among all sections of society.
- Objective 2: Generation of IPRs – To stimulate the generation of IPRs
- Objective 7: Human Capital Development – To strengthen and expand human resources, institutions, and capacities for teaching, training, research, and skill-building in IPRs
Responsibility of the Intern
Interns will be given assignments on the emerging issues in patents and will be required to submit a research paper at the end of the internship program.
Duration of Internship
The internship duration shall be as per the requirement of the course curriculum.
- The applicant should:
- be a citizen of India; and
- is pursuing or has completed:
- post-graduation/doctoral studies in science, or
- graduation/post-graduation/doctoral studies in engineering or technology
- graduation/post-graduation/doctoral studies in law from any University, established under the law for the time being in force in the territory of India.
- In the case of candidates pursuing graduation/post-graduation/doctoral studies, the internship should be a requirement specified under their course curriculum.
- The graduation/post-graduation/doctoral studies shall be from a government-recognized institute.
- The application for an internship shall be accompanied by a recommendation from the Head of the Institution.
Stipend (If Any)
No honorarium of any sort shall be paid to the intern.
Upon successful completion of the internship, a certificate shall be issued by the Head of Office where the intern has interned.
How to Apply?
- Applicants are requested to submit their CV and a cover letter containing a brief synopsis of the proposed topic of study during the internship to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internships shall be filled by way of a selection process as adopted by the office of CGPDTM.
- Selected interns will have to provide a certified copy of their certificates. Interns shall not be treated as staff members.
Place of Internship
The place of internship can be at the IP Office Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, and RGNIIPM, Nagpur.
Click here for the official information about the IPR internship.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.