Meta invites job applications for Associate General Counsel, Privacy (APAC) for the year 2023.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible privacy attorney to join the APAC privacy and data protection legal team. The role involves seeing around corners – providing visibility and potential solutions on upcoming issues in APAC and advising clients on various legal risks and obligations under existing, new and potential global privacy laws.
The role will help drive cross-functional initiatives across the business involving a variety of complex legal and regulatory issues. This requires the ability to both work independently and with large multi stakeholder teams.
- 8+ or more years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm and/or prior in-house experience with internet or technology companies (applicable commercial, privacy or compliance legal experience will be considered
- J.D. or LLM or an equivalent degree and good standing in a bar association
- Keen understanding of the privacy frameworks across APAC, experience engaging with regulators or legislators is a plus.
- Experience prioritizing work and providing advice under deadlines.
- Business judgment, ability to provide practical solutions, and client counseling experience.
- Open to travel as and when required.
- Be a strong leader within the APAC privacy team and advise the legal, business, and policy teams on complex privacy legal matters especially with respect to new legislation.
- Be a thought leader on issues related to APAC privacy.
- Work with a cross functional taskforce to find solutions that work in a global setting.
- Be prepared to give strategic advice on both a law by law, country by country basis across APAC as well as on a global thematic basis.
- Possess exceptional collaboration and communication skills to share knowledge and advocate for.
- Contribute to and provide data protection training and awareness programs, including building knowledge management frameworks.
Lawctopus regularly helps organisations hire interns and employees. Email the JD at firstname.lastname@example.org for free and paid plans.