The School of Law of SNU or Shiv Nadar University Chennai invites applications for the job positions of Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the School of Law for the program that will be offered for the academic year 2023-24.
About SNU Chennai
Shiv Nadar University Chennai is a global university, focused on innovation, research, academic excellence, and creativity, to develop socially conscious leaders capable of addressing future challenges.
About the Job Recruitment
Shiv Nadar University Chennai invites applications for the positions of Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in the School of Law for the program that will be offered for the academic year 2023-24.
Number of Vacancies
|Associate Professor||2 (Two)|
|Assistant Professor||2 (Two)|
Eligibility criteria as per the UGC norms
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in this Regulation in Appendix III.
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause 4.4.1, candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
Click here for the UGC eligibility norms.
Click here to apply for the job recruitment.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.