Lexis Nexis India is seeking to hire a legal professional for the job role of Legal Counsel, to be based in Gurgaon.
About Lexis Nexis
LexisNexis is a corporation that sells data mining platforms through online portals, computer-assisted legal research and information about vast swaths of consumers around the world. During the 1970s, LexisNexis began to make legal and journalistic documents more accessible electronically.
About the Job Opportunity
The Legal Counsel – India reports directly to the Head of Legal, Asia and is responsible for supporting India business of LexisNexis and such other countries/regions as the Head of Legal – Asia shall direct from time to time. The role is expected to be fully integrated with the senior management team of the India business.
Subject to the following, the purpose of the role is to deliver commercially focused legal advice to business decision makers, to protect the company from harm, and to ensure policies and procedures are followed. This involves ensuring legal, regulatory and internal compliance takes place to the highest standards, evaluating relevant legal issues, obligations and vulnerabilities of the business, ensuring that all practices, policies, and business activities of the organisation protect the company’s interests and are integrated with the commercial strategies and objectives of the business.
The position proactively ensures that the Head of Legal – Asia is aware of material legal considerations that affect the business and provides advice and counsel to the India business, line managers and such other regions/businesses as the Head of Legal – Asia shall direct concerning the laws and regulations that impact their functional areas. The role has the support of a team of paralegals based in the Philippines.
- Delivers commercially focused legal advice across all legal areas relevant to the business and its activities seek to proactively protect the the company from harm, and seeks to proactively ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensuring legal, regulatory and internal compliance takes place to the highest standards.
- Advises on commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Analyses and negotiates commercial contracts.
- Monitors and advises all current commercial policies and procedures for compliance with applicable law.
- Advises all current regulatory policies and procedures applicable to the industry.
- Focuses on high value work and ensures they have a strategic understanding of the business and its needs.
- Motivates, trains and coaches the paralegals based in the Philippines.
- Builds and maintains strong internal relationships with key stakeholders by ensuring that the legal teams’ services are integral to the business.
Previous work in a law firm/legal department of MNC with experience in dealing with corporate, commercial and technology law trends across Asia is preferred. Knowledge of Indian law is essential. Preferable, but not essential, to have experience advising in respect of dealings in other Asia jurisdictions.
- Solutions oriented, proactive provision of legal advice
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Business engagement skills
- Building, managing and maintaining strong internal relationships with key stakeholders
- Collaborative and able to partner with different functions across business
- Energises employees
- Leads with integrity
- Commercial and financial literacy
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking – able to see ahead
- Qualified Lawyer with 1-5 years PQE
- Law Degree from a reputable university
- Language: Fluency in English
Gurgaon (now, Gurugram), Haryana
Click here to apply for the role at Lexis Nexis.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.