Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is inviting applications for the job recruitment of Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) – General Stream, Legal Stream.
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
About the Job Opportunity
SEBI invites applications from Indian citizens for the post of Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) for General Stream, Legal Stream, Information Technology Stream, Research Stream and Official Language Stream. SEBI reserves the right to fill up the posts or not to fill up the posts at all.
Number of Vacancies
General Stream and Legal Stream requires a law degree
- UR: 32
- OBC: 22
- SC: 11
- ST: 7
- EWS: 8
- UR: 11
- OBC: 2
- SC: 1
- ST: 1
- EWS: 1
Age Limit (as on 31/12/2021): A candidate must not have exceeded the age of 30 years as on December 31, 2021 i.e., candidate
must have been born on or after January 01, 1992.
- General Stream: Master’s Degree in any discipline, Bachelors’ Degree in Law, Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering from a recognized university, CA/CFA/CS/CWA.
- Legal Stream: Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University/Institute
3-stage process i.e. Phase I (on-line screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each), Phase II (on-line examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each) and Phase III (Interview).
- Phase I (Online Screening Examination): 2 papers (MCQ of 100 marks each): February 20, 2022
- Paper 1 (100 Marks; 60 minutes): All Streams: General Awareness (including some questions related to Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.
- Paper 2 (100 Marks; 40 minutes):
- General Stream: Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.
- Legal, Information Technology & Official Language stream: Specialized subject related to stream
- Phase II (Online Examination): 2 Papers (100 marks each): March 20, 2022
- Paper 1 (100 marks; 60 minutes): All streams: English (Descriptive Test) to test the drafting skills
- Paper 2 (100 marks; 40 minutes):
- General Stream: MCQs on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.
- Legal, and Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subject related to stream
- Phase III (Interview): Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- Application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not shortlisted for Phase II and Interview.
- Candidate may opt for interview either in Hindi or English.
- Weightage of marks obtained in Phase II will be 85%, while marks obtained in interview shall be given a weightage of 15%.
- SEBI reserves the right to modify the selection procedure, if deemed fit.
The pre-revised pay scale of officers in Grade A is ₹ 28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)-46600-EB1750(4)-53600-2000(1)-55600 (17 years).
Presently, the gross emolument including SEBI’s Contribution towards National Pension Scheme (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx. ₹1,15,000/- per month without accommodation and ₹80,500/- per month with accommodation.
How to Apply?
Candidates are required to apply On-Line through the website www.sebi.gov.in from January 05, 2022, to January 24, 2022, and no other mode of application will be accepted. Candidates need not submit the system generated printout of the ON-LINE application to SEBI’s office.
Detailed Guidelines/Procedures for:
- A. Application Registration
- B. Payment of Fees
- C. Uploading of Photograph
- D. Uploading of Signature, Left Thumb impression and Handwriting declaration
- Unreserved/OBC/EWSs: Rs. 1000 as application fee cum intimation charges
- SC/ST/PwBD: Rs.100/- as intimation charges
Click here for the official notification.