Being responsible for the performance of others can be quite demanding of both the time and efforts of a Lawyer. This requires the right mindset, managerial skills, and leadership behaviours to successfully deliver both as an individual contributor and inspire/motivate others to deliver.
Put together by professionals with a blend of expertise in leadership development, building professional service firms including Law Firms and Law Offices, this program offers the essential leadership toolkit for the first time and experienced leaders.
about leverage and lawctopus law school (LLS)
The program is powered by the Lawctopus-Leverage Partnership.
Leverage is a leadership and business excellence firm that helps senior executives acquire real leadership capabilities and businesses to build, grow or transform.
About Lawctopus and Lawctopus Law School
Lawctopus.com is India’s leading website and online law school for law students and young lawyers.
Lawctopus Law School, a sister concern of Lawctopus started in 2020 has served over 6000 learners.
How this program will help
The program will help associates, senior associates, legal-tech entrepreneurs, and independent litigators:
- Develop an ownership mindset and apply it practically for successful outcomes in the workplace
- Gain mastery on effective personal working style and habits of yourself and others
- Understand performance metrics and configure actions to meet them
- Develop acute insights on human behaviour that can be applied in all aspects of work
- Use practical toolkits to delegate tasks, review actions and outcomes while developing others
- Not just ‘Tell’ or ‘Yell’ but use a range of interventions to accomplish intended outcomes
- Transform a group of professionals into a cohesive and well-performing team
Structure of the program
The online course involves:
- 20 hours of immersive and experiential learning.
- 5 ‘Leverage Learning Lab™s’, each lasting 3.5 hours.
- 1 Reflection and Action Assignment* at the end of each Learning Lab
- 1 Learning Application Review* of 2.5 hours
- 1 rigorously researched text module
* The Reflection and Action Assignment will require participants to think through and implement agreed/assigned actions and note outcomes for presenting during the review.
* The Learning Application Review is a discussion focused on the application of tools, techniques and tips taught in the program and the participants’ experience during implementation. This is also an opportunity to offer further inputs where needed
Schedule and timelines
- The entire course will take 5 weeks from start to finish (Jan 18 – Feb 28)
- The Leverage Learning Lab™s’ are spaced a week apart (every Saturday)
- The assignments are to be turned in before the subsequent learning Lab
- The learning application review will happen in week 5
S Vasudevan, Founder, Leverage
S Vasudevan has over 25 years of experience in behavioural and developmental HR and works closely with organizations and executives on strategic transformational engagements.
As a coach and a facilitator, he has helped over 3000 professionals on leadership development and 100+ corner office executives on their personal leadership journeys.
His target audience includes Lawyers, Partners, Entrepreneurs, Business owners, amongst others.
He is also on Agami’s board of advisors for law and justice changemakers.
Divya Vinod, Co-Founder, Leverage
Divya Vinod has over 23 years of experience in HR and Organization Development. She has worked on over 50 business transformation engagements and has over 200 hours of coaching professionals on leadership issues.
She is a system and process expert and helps individuals and organizations gain the discipline of structure, discipline, and rigour. She is committed to developing young professionals and helping them adapt well early on to their careers.
- Associate or Senior Associate with 3 to 10 years PQE
- Senior management of legal startups
- Academicians in mid-level leadership roles
- Legal-tech entrepreneurs
The ideal candidate must have at least one team member reporting to them.
- Certificate of completion will be issued by Leverage and Lawctopus Law School.
- Personalised Experience Letter detailing the design, intended outcomes, and utility of the course.
- If you have any queries, please comment on this post or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org