A Bench of Justices DY Chandrachud, Surya Kant and Bela M Trivedi also ordered that candidates who have joined in State Quota or AIQ in round 2 will be eligible to participate in a special round of counselling without forfeiture of security deposit and avail the benefit of extra 146 seats added to the pool.
The Court issued the following directions:
– The AIQ mop up counselling shall stand cancelled;
– For 146 seats which became available after the AIQ Round 2 on March 16, 2022, a special round of counselling shall be conducted;
– Students who joined in AIQ or State quota shall be eligible to participate in the special round of counselling without forfeiture of penalty or security deposit (financial penalty);
– The Director General of Health Services shall invite option from students within 24 hours and wrap up the same in 72 hours.
– A fresh mop round will be conducted for AIQ seats; the process should not take more than two weeks;
– Candidates who have joined in round 2 of State quota shall not be eligible to participate for fresh mop up round of AIQ.