About the Course
UGC NET Examination is perhaps the most important exam for postgraduates if they wish to pursue a career in academics in India.
Qualifying for the UGC NET Examination is a mandatory requirement for the grant of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF); pursuing a PhD; and, for appointment as Assistant Professors in colleges and universities across the country.
This Examination tests the Research, Teaching Aptitude, and Subject Matter Expertise of young postgraduates.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts this examination twice a year on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The syllabus and the structure of the examination is designed by the UGC.
The pattern of UGC NET
The Exam is completely objective (MCQ-based Questions) and is conducted at Physical Centres across the country and is Computer Based.
There are 2 Papers during the Exam where Paper 1 intends to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper 1 has 50 questions and carries 100 marks.
Paper 2 is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.
Paper 2 has 100 questions and carries 200 marks.
To help you ace Paper 1 of UGC NET, NoticeBard and Lawctopus have developed a rigorous online course.
This 3 month-long comprehensive course on Paper 1 and covers all the 10 subjects which are part of the Syllabus for this Examination.
About Lawctopus and NoticeBard
Lawctopus and NoticeBard are 2 educational websites working on a mission of “informed and inspired careers”, where we publish opportunities related to internships, scholarships, conferences, examinations, etc. every day and we have a combined reach of more than 2 million unique visitors per month.
Over 500 students have rated our courses and the average rating is 89/100.
We were also shortlisted for the prestigious Agami Prize 2020 and have been covered in the leading education magazine Careers360.
We value your trust and we are confident that our newest offering will prove immensely beneficial in your education and your career!
How will this course on UGC NET (Paper 1) help you?
1. Prepare for the Examination in a holistic manner and cover all the subjects comprehensively within 60 days.
2. Get guidance from 4 UGC NET Qualified professionals through 10 Live Sessions and more than 100 recorded lectures.
3. Evaluate your performance through 10 subject-based practice tests having at least 100 questions each and 4 Mock Tests on Paper 1.
4. Know the ‘Studying Strategy ‘and types of questions asked for each subject through our Live Sessions.
Key Elements of our online course on UGC NET [Paper 1]
1. Over 10 detailed, comprehensive, and to-the-point Reading Resources for all the subjects.
2. Over 10 Recorded Lectures by subject matters on all the subjects which are part of the Syllabus of Paper 1 of the Examination.
3. Over 10 Live Sessions during the 3 month-long course (1 Live session per week) to discuss the following for each Subject: Types of Questions asked; Studying Strategy; Doubts and Queries on the basis of Readings, Recorded Lectures and Mock-Tests.
4. Over 10 Quick Reference Documents (1 or 2 pages) for terms, definitions, and important sections or theories.
5. Over 10 Subject Based Practice-Tests (Min. 100 questions each; overall 1000+) to help you evaluate your understanding and predict your performance in the Examination.
6. 4 Complete Mock-Tests on Paper 1 (50 questions each; 2 marks and 2 hours duration) conducted online through Computer in the same format as actual Examination (you will be to see the rank in your batch as well).
The course has been designed to help you comprehensively cover all the 10 subjects of Paper 1.
Each Module has:
- 2-3 Recorded Lectures;
- 1 Reading Resource;
- 1-2 Quick Reference Manuals;
- 1 Live Session (For Studying Strategy, Resolution of Doubts around Practice Test and Module Content); and
- 1 Practice Test of 100 Questions.
Our course contains 11 modules:
Approaching Paper 1 of UGC NET (Paper 1) Examination
- What and How to study for Paper 1 of UGC-NET?
- Importance of Paper 1 in UGC NET Examination.
- Video experiences by the Course Faculty – Qualifying UGC NET.
- Recordings of 2 Webinars on Preparing for UGC NET.
- Analysis Previous 3 Years Paper for Paper 1.
10 Subjects of Paper 1
- 1 Reading Resource per Module.
- Quick Reference Guide- Key Terms and Definitions.
- 1 Live Session for each Module – Studying Strategy, Kinds of Questions asked, Doubts and Queries.
- 4-5 Recorded Lectures per Module.
- Practice Test (100 Questions) per Module.
4 Full Mock Tests based on Paper 1.
Pooja Chandran Nambiar is a Senior Project Manager at the Foundation for Ecological Security. As a law and policy researcher, she focuses on the issues of environmental justice and political ecology, with 3+ years of experience in legal research and writing. She holds an LLM in Environment and Natural Resources Law from TERI School of Advanced Studies, New Delhi, and has qualified the UGC-NET Examination in 2020 in her first attempt. Pooja was the Chairholder of the KTS Tulsi Chair of Excellence on Constitutional Law, and has been associated with the Lawctopus Law School as a Subject Matter Expert since January 2021.
Mariyam Khan completed her Bachelors in Law from Aligarh Muslim University, Malappuram Centre and her post-graduation (LL.M.) from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi specialising in Criminal Laws.
She has been a rank holder both at UG and PG levels. She qualified UGC-NET in December 2019 and is passionate about teaching.
Jatin Garg has completed the Bachelors in Law from RGNUL, Punjab, and has done his post-graduation (LLM) in Trade and Investment Laws from NLU Jodhpur.
He has qualified for UGC NET in 2017 and has worked with IIM Ranchi as Legal Manager, Indian School of Public Policy as an Executive Manager and has taught Corporate Laws at IIM Ranchi and Amity Law School, Delhi.
Presently, he is COO at Lawctopus and NoticeBard.
Vershika Sharma graduated from NLU Jodhpur and completed her LLM from HPNLU, Shimla, where she secured a Gold Medal.
She has been a topper throughout her academic career. Immensely invested in and passionate about education, Vershika has been an academic mentor at IDIA, Rajasthan.
Vershika has taught over 300 students the intricacies of legal research and writing. To enhance her online teaching skills, Vershika also completed an intensive online course on ‘The Art of Facilitation‘ from Colab.x. Her students loved her classes before that, now they love the classes even more!
Who is this course for?
- Postgraduate Students from any field of study
Duration: 12 weeks (3 months)
Course Fee: INR 4800 inclusive of GST
If you have any questions, please leave a comment on this post or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to talk to someone before taking a decision? Call our counsellor Snigdha Ghatak at +91-9315974277, between 10.30 am to 7.30 pm (Monday is weekly off for us!)