GIL (Geeta Institute of Law) is organizing their Justice Dipak Misra National Moot Court Competition 3(12) of 2022, scheduled to be held on March 12-13, 2022.
About Geeta Institute of Law
Geeta Institute of Law, is affiliated with Kurukshetra University and approved by the Bar Council of India and is imparting top class legal education since 2007. It offers courses of B.A.LL.B & B.B.A.L.L.B. (5 yrs integrated course), LL.B. (3 yrs course) and L.L.M (2 yrs course).
About Justice Dipak Misra
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dipak Misra has served as the 45th Chief Justice of India from 28th August 2017 till 2nd October 2018. Born on 3rd October 1953, Justice Misra enrolled at the Bar in 1977 and practiced at the Orissa High Court. He was appointed as an Additional Judge of the Orissa High Court in 1996 and was transferred to the Madhya Pradesh High Court where he was made a Permanent Judge in 1997.
In December 2009, Justice Misra was appointed Chief Justice of the Patna High Court, serving until May 2010, where he was appointed the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court. Justice Misra was elevated to the Supreme Court of India on 10th October 2011 and assumed charge as the Chief Justice of India on 28th August 2017.
A former Judge of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh High Court and a former Chief Justice of Patna and Delhi High Courts, he is a bold and Humane Judge. Justice Misra has been a strong upholder of constitutional values and citizenry rights and a staunch defender of the rights to equality, liberty, and dignity.
The Competition is open for bonafide students pursuing 5 Year and 3 Years L L.B. Course or any similar course in a foreign university.
The language for the Competition shall be English only.
Each team shall consist of three members (two speakers and one researcher).
The researcher will only be allowed to argue instead of a speaker, with the prior permission of the Dean – Geeta Institute of Law.
Clarification to the Moot Proposition may be sought by sending an e-mail to mootgil[at]geeta.edu.in on or before 11th February 2022. Clarification sent after this date shall not be entertained.
The Oral rounds shall comprise of:
- Preliminary Round (Two)
- Quarter-Final Round
- Semi-Final Round
- Final Round
Registration Fee: Rs 5000/-for each participating team consisting of 3 members. (With decent accommodation).
Deadline for Registration
Deadline for Provisional Registration: January 19, 2022
Note: For provisional registration, an email stating the institution’s name, email id & concerned person’s phone number shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Registration (Hard Copy) (Along with DD For Rs. 5000/-): January 31, 2022
Deadline for Memorial Submission:
- Deadline for Memorial Submission (Soft Copy): February 18, 2022
- Deadline for Memorial Submission (Hard Copy): February 25, 2022
- Winning Team: Cash Prize of INR 31000/-
- Runner up Team Award: Cash Prize of INR 15000/-
- Teams qualifying for Semi-finals: Each Team member shall be awarded with a trophy as a token of appreciation.
- Best Memorial Award: INR 2100/-
- Second Best Memorial Award: INR 1500/-
- Best Mooter (Male) Award: INR 2100/-
- Best Mooter (Female) Award: INR 2100/-
- Best Researcher Award: INR 2100/-
All the Participants will get participation certificates post the Valedictory Ceremony.
- Postal Address: Dean, Geeta Institute of Law, Karhans, G T Road, Samalkha, Panipat – 132101, Haryana, India
- Competition E-mail ID: email@example.com
- Competition Mobile Number: 7496954101
- For Moot Problem Clarification: Mr. Shubham Mehta: 7082804000
Moot Faculty Conveners:
- Ms Neelam Ruhal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Tanvi Pruthi: 7496954101
- Mr Shubham Mehta: 7082804000
- Radhika Sharma: 8826965692
- Harshita Bansal: 7701946940
- Nidhi: 9306594019
- Khushboo: 9729684250
- Sanchit: 9958586189