Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) invites online applications from law graduates for recruitment to the post of Assistant Law Officer/Legal Assistant against 26 vacancies in various departments.
On the 50th Anniversary year of the Indian Independence, the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi has instituted the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board. The Board has been incorporated with the purpose of recruiting capable, competent, highly skilled individuals by conducting written tests, professional tests and personal interviews wherever as desired.
About the Job Opportunity
Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) invites online applications from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Assistant Law Officer/Legal Assistant (Post Code – 805/22) against vacancies in respect of various Departments of Government of NCT of Delhi /Autonomous Bodies/Local Bodies.
Number of Vacancies
- UR (Unreserved): 20
- OBC: 4
- SC: 2
- PwD: 1
- Total: 27
- Delhi Fire Service (DFS)
- Delhi Jal Board (DJB)
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC)
- Department of Law Justice and Legislative Affairs
- Department of Trade & Taxes
- Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board (DUSIB)
- North Delhi Municipal Corporation (North DMC)
- South Delhi Municipal Corporation (South DMC)
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC)
General Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must be eligible in terms of age, educational qualifications, experience etc. as per Recruitment Rules notified by the User Department for the post in which he/she intends to apply.
- The educational qualification, age, experience etc. as stipulated in advertisement shall be determined as on January 9, 2022.
- Degree in Law from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Experience as a Legal Practitioner or one year experience in legal work in a Government Department /Autonomous Bodies /PSU
Refer to the official advertisement for Department-wise eligibility criteria for complete details.
How to Apply?
- Before submitting online applications, the candidate must ensure that he/she is registered on DSSSB’s portal.
- The instructions for registration are available on the Board’s website (Annexure-II).
- The user ID and password generated after registration should be used to log in whenever a candidate is applying for examinations of the posts notified by DSSSB.
- No separate registration is required for each of examination conducted by DSSSB. If an applicant submits multiple registrations and appears in the examination (at any stage) more than once, his/her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will be
debarred from the examinations of the Board.
- Eligible candidates may apply online through the website from January 10, 2022 up to February 9, 2022 (till 11:59 PM) after which the link will be disabled.
₹ 100/- (One Hundred only)
Exemption: Women candidates and candidates belonging to Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe, P.W.D. & Ex-serviceman category
Draft Answer Keys of the Computer Based Examination will be displayed on the website of DSSSB after the Examination. Candidates may go through the draft Answer Keys and submit online objections, if any, within the stipulated time limit given by the Board.
Objection(s) regarding the draft Answer Keys received through the online mode within the time limit fixed by the Board will be considered and scrutinized before finalizing the Answer Keys. However, the decision of the Board in this regard will be final.
Objections received through any other mode(s)e.g. letter, application, email, etc. shall not be entertained.
The Board, in order to achieve qualitative selection and to recruit the best talent available, has fixed the following minimum qualifying marks for different categories
- General/EWS: 40%
- OBC (Delhi): 35%
- SC/ST/PH (PwD): 30%
- Ex-servicemen will be given 5% relaxation in their respective categories subject to a minimum of 30%.
Final selection and allocation of Departments
Final selection and allocation of Departments/Local/Autonomous Bodies of Govt. of NCT of Delhi to the candidates qualified will be made on the basis of their performance in Tier-II Examination, preference of Posts/ Departments/Local/Autonomous Bodies given by the candidates at the time of the online calling of e-dossier, and their eligibility for the post as per Recruitment Rules (RRs).
- Interested applicants must read the official advertisement very carefully before applying.
- The application link shall open on January 10, 2022. The link to the application shall be updated in this post on the scheduled date.
- Click here for the official advertisement.