The Centre for the Promotion of International Law (CPIL), VMLS is hosting an Opening Panel Discussion and the launch of the VMLS International Law Review on November 25, 2023, at Madras Management Association, Anna Salai, Chennai, from 9:30 am to 01:15 pm.
The Centre for the Promotion of International Law (CPIL) is dedicated to promoting excellence in research and teaching of International Law, a field that has gained unprecedented significance in today’s world.
Additionally, the Centre operates an E-Journal, which features original work focusing on contemporary issues in International Law.
The confluence of international law, research, and policy is a critical intersection where legal principles, academic research, and governmental or organizational decision-making come together.
About VMLS, Chennai
Vinayaka Mission’s Law School (VMLS) has been established by VMRF to impart legal education and skills relevant to the evolving needs of the local, national and global community. VMLS intends to achieve this vision through its highly qualified and experienced faculty.
About the Event
The Centre for the Promotion of International Law, VMLS is hosting an opening panel discussion commemorating the 75th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). This momentous occasion will also serve as the launch of the VMLS International Law Review. The event will be conducted on November 25, 2023, from 9:30 am to 01:15 pm at Madras Management Association, Anna Salai, Chennai.
As they reflect on 75 years of the UDHR, the Centre believes that it is a pivotal moment to engage in thoughtful discourse about the progress made in the field of international law.
The panel will delve into key aspects of the UDHR’s impact on global legal frameworks, shedding light on its significance in contemporary international relations. The distinguished panel of experts includes:
- Chief Guest: Dr. Prabhash Ranjan, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Legal Studies, South Asian University
- Guest of Honour: Dr. Bharti: Professor of Law, National Law University, Delhi
- Guest of Honour: Dr. Archna Negi: Associate Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Date: November 25, 2023 (Saturday)
- Time: 9:30 AM to 01:15 PM
- Venue: Madras Management Association, Anna Salai, Chennai
- Tamil Thai Vazhthu: 10:30 am
- Welcome Address: 10:40 am
- Lighting of the Lamps: 10:50 am
- Felicitation: 11:00 am
- Address by the Dean, Dr. Ananth Padmanaban: 11:10 am
- Chief Guest’s Address by Dr. Prabhash Ranjan: 11: 25 am
- Special Address by Dr. Bharti: 11: 55 am
- Special Address by Dr. Archana Negi: 12:25 pm
- Release of the Journal (Inaugural Volume): 12:55 pm
- Inauguration of the Centre: 1:05 pm
- Closing Remarks: 1:10 pm
- Vote of Thanks: 1:20 pm
- Lunch: 1:30 pm – 2.15 pm
Interested candidates can register via the link given at the end of the post.
For any queries about the panel discussion, please feel free to contact +917358201232.
Join their WhatsApp group here.
Note: This is a sponsored post.