Sathyabama School of Law is organising an International Virtual Workshop on Draft Mediation Bill, 2021 on 8th January 2022.
About Sathyabama School of Law
Legal education is at a pivotal moment right now and Sathyabama School of Law is evolving to address society’s need by adding value to the students learning to serve society and the spirit of community is an integral part of our curriculum.
Sathyabama School of Law aspires to be an internationally renowned Centre for research and teaching in law. School of Law is dedicated to advancing human dignity, social welfare, and justice through knowledge of the law.
About the Workshop
In an effort to promote and strengthen the position of mediation as an effective Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanism, the Ministry of Law and Justice on 5th November 2021, released the Draft Mediation Bill 2021 in public domain.
The need for a stand-alone law on mediation has been advocated for by many experts in recent times, in order to provide sanctity to the mediation process as well as to remove the inconsistencies between the various pieces of existing legislation such as Code of Civil Procedure 1908, the Industrial Disputes Act 1947, and the Commercial Courts Act 2015 etc.
The workshop is open to all interested participants, students, lawyers and law enthusiasts.
International Virtual Workshop on DRAFT MEDIATION BILL,2021
- Comparison of the Draft Mediation Bill, with mediation enactment in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Pre-Litigation Mediation and its implication in the Draft Mediation Bill, 2021.
- Comparison of Pre-Litigation Mediation in India with other countries and how other countries have mandated pre-litigation.
- Overall review of the Draft Mediation Bill, 2021
- Mediation in the English Speaking Caribbean region.
- Date: 08.01.2022 (Saturday)
- Mode: Online (Zoom Platform)
- Deadline: 07.01.2022
Registration of the workshop is free for all and Interested participants can register through the link: https://forms.gle/4rgWNazfSEsc89HZA
E – Certificates will be provided to all active participants.
For any details please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org