The Nirma University Law Journal (NULJ) is now accepting submissions for its next edition to be published in December 2022.
About the Journal
In the continuation and dissemination of the quality, original, and innovative research-based contributions in the domain of legal and interdisciplinary research, the Journal Committee of the Institute of Law, Nirma University hereby invites research articles/papers, case studies/commentaries, policy brief, and book reviews on law and allied areas for publication in the Nirma University Law Journal (December 2022 Issue) bearing ISSN Number 2249-1430.
The journal is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed publication from the Institute of Law, Nirma University. It is an endeavour of the Institute to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging the synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across the academia and research fraternity.
The Journal is indexed in Manupatra, SCC Online, Indian Citation Index, and HeinOnline.
The journal invites submissions on “Security, Law and Governance: Prospects and Implications” but is not limited to any particular theme. The authors are free to write on any topic that they wish to contextualize.
However, preference by the editorial team shall be given to scholarly research papers, articles, policy papers, case comments, and original manuscripts highlighting contemporary legal issues with national and international significance.
- The manuscript should be accompanied by an abstract of about 200 words along with a declaration that the paper has not been published or sent for publication elsewhere.
- Word Limit: Submissions should not exceed: Research papers (4,000-6,000 words), Policy briefs (2,000-3,000 words), Case studies/commentaries (2,000-3,000 words), and Book reviews (not longer than 1,000 words).
- Authorship: Maximum of two authors per entry is permissible.
- Citation Style: The Bluebook Uniform System of Citation (20th edition) shall be strictly adhered to. The main text should be in Times New Roman, size 12 with a 1.5 line spacing and the footnotes shall be in size 10 with 1.0 line spacing. This shall be strict compliance for papers to be accepted for the review process.
- The journal is guided by a well-defined ‘Ethical policy’ which gives no scope for plagiarized submission. Thus, authors are strictly requested to follow the plagiarism policy for academic submissions published by UGC.
Entries from the student community, preferably studying Law and allied disciplines of Social Sciences & Humanities; Professionals/Practitioners of Law; Legal Academia and Academia from Social Sciences & Humanities who could link legal regime in the contribution would be accepted.
The submissions must be original and should not be under consideration in any other journal. Articles with plagiarism and copyright issues are liable to be rejected immediately. Nirma University Law Journal is not to be subject to any liability which may arise in this regard.
Submission of work must be made to Nirma University Law Journal, which is indicative of the fact that the authors grant exclusive permission to NULJ to publish and reproduce their work in all streams of media. Such right is subject to the doctrine of fair use as followed under the law relating to Intellectual Property Rights and subject to the entitlements of the author.
The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, outrightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of discrimination in any form racism, sexual, gender, religious, illegal or terror activities, and/or another. The article is subjected to rejection if its content is likely to offend or provocate the religious or political sentiments of the reader.
There is no publication fee. A process of peer review shall be used to scrutinize all the submissions. Following this, the authors of selected papers will be notified of the results.
How to Submit?
The submission is to be mailed to nulawjournal[at]nirmauni.ac.in.
15th December 2022
For any further queries, please contact nulawjournal[at]nirmauni.ac.in
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com