The formative years in the legal profession can be very daunting and how lawyers adapt and respond to everything around them at this stage, sets the tone for the rest of their career.
Leverage & Lawctopus Law School’s Online Certificate Course on ‘Leadership in Law’ – Entry Level Program is designed to help law students and lawyers navigate the first few years in their profession and get onto intentional and well-constructed careers trajectories.
Put together by professionals with a blend of expertise in leadership development, building professional service firms including Law Firms, the program is not informational but transformational and will cause major mindset and attitude-set shifts.
about leverage and lawctopus law school (LLS)
The program is powered by the Lawctopus-Leverage Partnership.
Leverage is a leadership and business excellence firm that helps senior executives acquire real leadership capabilities and businesses to build, grow or transform.
About Lawctopus and Lawctopus Law School
Lawctopus.com is India’s leading website and online law school for law students and young lawyers.
Lawctopus Law School, a sister concern of Lawctopus started in 2020 has served over 6000 learners.
How this FELLOWSHIP will help
- Providing real and practical perspectives to learners on their role, workplace, relationships, and the other variables that have an impact on their early success
- Offering insights to gain an ownership mindset and manage expectations of colleagues, partners, clients, etc.
- Providing tools to cope with the demands of the professional world and personal growth at the same time
- Developing skills to create learning journeys and capability building initiatives that work
- Identifying essential actions for early wins in their roles and contributing holistically
- Provide real-world performance metrics that they will be assessed on and prepare them to be ahead of the curve
- Successful participants would have learned the art of managing self and others effectively and become strong in baseline competencies expected by most law firms and legal offices
Structure of the FELLOWSHIP
The online course involves:
- 14.5 hours of immersive and experiential learning
- 4 ‘Leverage Learning Labs™’, each lasting 3 hours
- 1 Reflection and Action Assignment* at the end of each Learning Lab
- 1 Learning Application Review* with personalized feedback at the end of the session (2.5 hours)
- 1 rigorously researched text module
* The Reflection and Action Assignment will require participants to think through and implement agreed/assigned actions and note outcomes for presenting during the review.
* The Learning Application Review is a discussion focused on the application of tools, techniques and tips taught in the program and the participants’ experience during implementation. This is also an opportunity to offer further inputs where needed
Schedule and timelines
- The entire course will take 5 weeks from start to finish (Jan 17 – Feb 21).
- The Leverage Learning Labs™ are spaced a week apart (every Friday).
- The assignments are to be turned in before the subsequent learning Lab
- The Learning Application Review will happen in week 5.
S Vasudevan, Founder, Leverage
S Vasudevan has over 25 years of experience in behavioural and developmental HR and works closely with organizations and executives on strategic transformational engagements.
As a coach and a facilitator, he has helped over 3000 professionals on leadership development and 100+ corner office executives on their personal leadership journeys. His target audience includes Lawyers, Partners, Entrepreneurs, Business owners, amongst others.
He is also on Agami’s board of advisors for law and justice changemakers.
Divya Vinod, Co-Founder, Leverage
Divya Vinod has over 23 years of experience in HR and Organization Development. She has worked on over 50 business transformation engagements and has over 200 hours of coaching professionals on leadership issues.
She is a system and process expert and helps individuals and organizations gain the discipline of structure, discipline, and rigour. She is committed to developing young professionals and helping them adapt well early on to their careers.
- Students pursuing education in Law
- Graduates awaiting first jobs
- Lawyers in the first 3 years of their career
- Certificate of completion will be issued by Leverage and Lawctopus Law School.
- Personalized letter detailing the design, intended outcomes, and utility of the course.
If you have any queries, please comment on this post or send an email at email@example.com
Want to talk to someone before taking a decision? Call our counsellor Snigdha Ghatak at +91-9315974277, between 10.30 am to 7.30 pm (Monday is weekly off for us!)
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus’ official views on the internship.